Bush at 29%

PJay

Sam, Sam, Sam...you're just being difficult. It would be very easy to find them..I help ya, most of America will help ya. If anyone cared I could lead you to most of them right now...ha, even better I could send them flocking to you with one announcement..think man, think.

SamSpade

Homesick said:
Sam, Sam, Sam...you're just being difficult. It would be very easy to find them..I help ya, most of America will help ya. If anyone cared I could lead you to most of them right now...ha, even better I could send them flocking to you with one announcement..think man, think.

Hey, you know - you're right. A forced emigration or deportation of 20 million people would be a piece of cake. Just think of how many times it's been done before! And we can do it, too - just get a dozen of your friends and wait at the 7-11. I'm sure it will only take us about 500 years to pull it off.

Toxick

Splat
Personally, I'd like to see every law-enforcement agency from the DEA to the FBI, to Border Patrol to County-Mounties simply stop enforcing laws that are inconvenient or difficult to enforce.

All that time and energy wasted on trying to enforce laws that simply require too much effort.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SamSpade said:
We have a hard enough time just counting Americans, and I know, because I did a few weeks of field research in deep rural South. ....
Eh? hard time counting Americans and we are required to cooperate. So, I think you must be doing a bad job. That is the way it came across.

Yep. Let's just not enforce any laws. Heck. It is a lot easier for the police, Border Patrol, and the like to sit in the local diner and drink coffee and eat donuts.

Here's your sign.

SamSpade

Toxick said:
Personally, I'd like to see every law-enforcement agency from the DEA to the FBI, to Border Patrol to County-Mounties simply stop enforcing laws that are inconvenient or difficult to enforce.

All that time and energy wasted on trying to enforce laws that simply require too much effort.

Isn't that the premise behind legalizing drugs? The War on Drugs is unwinnable?

The same premise behind opposition to our presence in Iraq? The peace is unattainable?

This is a problem we've allowed to fester for more than 20 years while looking the other way. I don't know HOW they're going to resolve this, except possibly to enforce the laws regarding employment - no job, no incentive. It's not as though if you've been dodging the INS for years that you're going to be stupid enough to show up at the day laborer stop so the authorities - who by this point have told everyone what they intend to do - can nail you.

We're talking about potentially exporting the population of Florida. We can't even get evacuees out of New Orleans with the threat of a hurricane looming.

But I think what MIGHT work is to dry up the job market. Then, they'll just LEAVE.

SamSpade

2ndAmendment said:
Eh? hard time counting Americans and we are required to cooperate. So, I think you must be doing a bad job. That is the way it came across.

Yep. Let's just not enforce any laws. Heck. It is a lot easier for the police, Border Patrol, and the like to sit in the local diner and drink coffee and eat donuts.

Here's your sign.

Don't be an azz. What I'm saying is that deportation is not the solution. And it's not going to be.

And yeah, we're doing an awful job with the Census as far as counting people. Ever been to some parts of Appalachia? Ever try to get data from a guy with dogs and a shotgun? Ever drive down miles of dirt road to find some cabin in the woods surrounded by swamp where Bubba and his 30 kin are out and about?

You don't have a damned clue, do you? You continually live up to your rep as one of the rudest people on this forum - and I know cuz I've been here since it started.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SamSpade said:
Don't be an azz. What I'm saying is that deportation is not the solution. And it's not going to be.

And yeah, we're doing an awful job with the Census as far as counting people. Ever been to some parts of Appalachia? Ever try to get data from a guy with dogs and a shotgun? Ever drive down miles of dirt road to find some cabin in the woods surrounded by swamp where Bubba and his 30 kin are out and about?

You don't have a damned clue, do you? You continually live up to your rep as one of the rudest people on this forum - and I know cuz I've been here since it started.
As to clues, I don't think you could even buy one. I certainly won't put up with your load of crap.

No deportation? Then what are we going to do with them? Slap them on the back and say, "Welcome to the U.S. Here's your naturalization papers and Social Security card."?

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
2ndAmendment said:
As to clues, I don't think you could even buy one. I certainly won't put up with your load of crap.

No deportation? Then what are we going to do with them? Slap them on the back and say, "Welcome to the U.S. Here's your naturalization papers and Social Security card."?
:lmao: You'd get your hand wet!

SamSpade

2ndAmendment said:
Of course not. I just thought that since we have met in real life, you would like a real life answer.

You can say it here. Hell, you've insulted me now repeatedly. Insulted my work, and my agency. Insulted my opinion. And that's because I *disagreed* with you.

This kind of rude behavior you express all the time is precisely why I don't bother to discuss things with you on the religion forum or bother there - because I can't have any respect for your beliefs. I know pagans who show more courtesy. All someone has to do is DISAGREE with you, and you make it personal.

So if you want to say something nasty to me in person, you can say it right here in front of God and everyone.

Toxick

Splat
SamSpade said:
Isn't that the premise behind legalizing drugs? The War on Drugs is unwinnable?

Not to my knowledge.

I am for the legalization of drugs, not because it's too hard to quell drug use, but because I don't think they should be illegal at all. If I wanna sit in my basement and smoke crack until my lungs cave in, why shouldn't I?

SamSpade said:
The same premise behind opposition to our presence in Iraq? The peace is unattainable?

I don't know WTF those people are thinking. Either way - I don't agree with that either.

SamSpade said:
I don't know HOW they're going to resolve this, except possibly to enforce the laws regarding employment - no job, no incentive.

Bullseye.

When you take the melted lollipop off the sidewalk, the ants just seem to go away.

My wife has made an observation about me... She would always get the entire house cleaned up before I managed to get halfway through cleaning one room.

I would go into a room, start cleaning something, and then I would proceed to clean the living hell out of it. If I was cleaning the living room, I'd go to the sofa, then, I'd pull off the cushions, then I'd get all the change, pens, nail-clippers, popcorn kernels. Then I'd put them back and fluff the pillows, and adjust the little arm-rest cover thingamajigs - then I'd go to the TV, and I'd alphabetize the DVD collection, and put all the games in the boxes, and alphabetize the games, (maybe get in a quick round of Halo), then I'd arrange all the pictures on top of the TV stand, and water the plants, then I'd make sure all the speakers were working...

Mrs Toxick would go into a room, and she'd pick up all the laundry, dishes, shoes, and put them where they go. Then she straightens pictures, drapes, furniture. Then she'd vacuum, spray some of her magical clean-smelly spray stuff, and then move to the next room.

The point is - you get the big obvious stuff first, and then you get out the fine-toothed comb later, and sweat the details.

First you nail business that hire illegals. When that stops, the vast majority are going to either obtain legal working status, or they'll go back where they came from. Then you worry about 7-11 parking lots, and the like - then you weed out the stragglers.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
First you nail business that hire illegals.
That's another part of Bush's little speech I wasn't impressed with. I thought I heard him say he was going to be tougher on businesses that employ illegals, but I read the transcript and it wasn't all that.

That actually wouldn't be too difficult to pull off. You do random spot-checks in cities where there are more illegals and they'll pretty much all fall in line to avoid the BIG FAT FINE they should get for breaking the law.

But no politician, especially a Republican, is going to alienate business like that.

SamSpade

Toxick said:
Not to my knowledge.

I am for the legalization of drugs, not because it's too hard to quell drug use, but because I don't think they should be illegal at all. If I wanna sit in my basement and smoke crack until my lungs cave in, why shouldn't I?

The Libertarian view. I get it. I don't agree with this, but I understand the philosophy - it shouldn't be illegal to possess something. Or to harm yourself. I only partly agree with it. The problem I have with most of these narcotics is that they hinder your ability to make an informed decision about them. It's not that I don't think you shouldn't be able to destroy yourself - it's just that people addicted to drugs can't be clear-headed enough not to be a danger to others. If you do drugs quietly and alone, by yourself, fine. But the moment you do ANYTHING that endangers others because your brain isn't firing on all cylinders, that's the problem. And the way it's already destroyed the lives of so many loved ones - I'm not for unleashing them freely on everyone.

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
That's another part of Bush's little speech I wasn't impressed with. I thought I heard him say he was going to be tougher on businesses that employ illegals, but I read the transcript and it wasn't all that.

That actually wouldn't be too difficult to pull off. You do random spot-checks in cities where there are more illegals and they'll pretty much all fall in line to avoid the BIG FAT FINE they should get for breaking the law.

But no politician, especially a Republican, is going to alienate business like that.

I need to read the transcript. From Bush's statements in the past, the ONLY thing I liked was the statement that he was against amnesty.

Spot checks could be effective IF the fines were serious. I know that when I worked for a contractor, the threat of not keeping track of our hours was enough to keep everyone on their toes. Another place - the threat of having unlicensed software on machines kept people honest - because they knew of companies that had been fined out the wazoo.

Toxick

Splat
Not to turn this into a drug legalization debate...

SamSpade said:
it shouldn't be illegal to possess something.

Well there are a few things that it should be illegal to possess. There are certain brands of pr0n that feature minors that spring immediately to mind.

Plutonium also springs immediately to mind.

SamSpade said:
The problem I have with most of these narcotics is that they hinder your ability to make an informed decision about them.

You make the decision to use them with a clear mind. The hindered ability to process decisions comes later :)

SamSpade said:
it's just that people addicted to drugs can't be clear-headed enough not to be a danger to others.

Such is the reason drunk-driving laws are in place. Such is the reason limitations should also be placed on drug use as well. Because I support drug legalization doesn't mean that I support a completely drug-crazed anarchy.

SamSpade said:
If you do drugs quietly and alone, by yourself, fine. But the moment you do ANYTHING that endangers others because your brain isn't firing on all cylinders, that's the problem. And the way it's already destroyed the lives of so many loved ones - I'm not for unleashing them freely on everyone.

The same could be said about alcohol.

SamSpade

Toxick said:
Not to turn this into a drug legalization debate...

Ok. Drugs are personal, for me. I have family members who got their KIDS into drugs and nearly killed them - because they were so desperate for another fix. I hate drugs like heroin. I've seen what it does.