Bush- "I decide what is best"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like a President that marches to the tune of his own drummer. That's what we elected him for. If we wanted some patsy who relied on polls and the opinion of the ignorant public to decide what to do, we'd ... have kept Clinton. :jet:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
I like a President that marches to the tune of his own drummer. That's what we elected him for. If we wanted some patsy who relied on polls and the opinion of the ignorant public to decide what to do, we'd ... have kept Clinton. :jet:

Exactly what I was thinking.

At least this guy doesn't feel he has to wet his finger, and stick it up in the breeze to test the prevailing political trends, before he makes a decision.

tomchamp

You can't just quote part of what he said. It changes the whole meaning of it.

Reporter: What do you say to the critics who believe that you are ignoring the advice of retired generals and military commanders who say there needs to be a change?

Bush: I say I listen to all voices but mine’s the final decision and Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job. He’s not only transforming the military, he’s fighting a war on terror - He’s helping us fight a war on terror. I have strong confidence in Don Rumsfeld. I hear the voices and I read the front page and I know the speculation but I’m the decider and I decide what is best and what’s best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of defense.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
There was an article in the Washington Times today, that perported that it wasn't so much that these past - retired generals were so opposed as to how the Prez and Rumsfeld are fighting the war, as it is about the way Rumsfeld is "streamlining" the military, paricularly the Army.

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
I thought that's what we hired him to do. If we didn't want the man to make decisions, why would we elect him?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Lost in all this 'get Rummy' hysteria...

...is there VERY clear message from the retired generals that we should and will stay the course in Iraq.

It was a good mission.

It was the right mission.

The hysterical are taking criticism of details and trying to bend it to a pro Saddam argument.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
MMDad said:
I thought that's what we hired him to do. If we didn't want the man to make decisions, why would we elect him?

I agree ... but even if he didn't make decisions, at least he's providing a constant flow of ongoing entertainment and laughs for the country. :lol:

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
We live in a democracy. One person is not all powerful. "He" can't decide what's best. It's up to him and his cronies. Another example of Georgie Boy sticking his wittle foot right in his mouth.

MMDad

Lem Putt
sushisamba said:
We live in a democracy. One person is not all powerful. "He" can't decide what's best. It's up to him and his cronies. Another example of Georgie Boy sticking his wittle foot right in his mouth.
No we don't. Look it up.

MMDad

Lem Putt
sushisamba said:
Yep, that would be the cronies.
Don't you just hate it when the government works exactly as designed? And to think, they wrote it more than 200 years ago. Amazing!

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
MMDad said:
Don't you just hate it when the government works exactly as designed? And to think, they wrote it more than 200 years ago. Amazing!
No, I love it. What I hate is an azzhat like Bush saying, "I decide what's best." You're either on his side or not. Stop waffling.

MMDad

Lem Putt
sushisamba said:
No, I love it. What I hate is an azzhat like Bush saying, "I decide what's best." You're either on his side or not. Stop waffling.
Did you even read what he said? It's his decision who will be the SECDEF. What do you want him to say? "After consulting with Jesse Jackson, the French, and Osama, it looks like we need to make a change."?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
sushisamba said:
So when you choose sides, do you have people on your team that root and try to score for the other side? Glad you are not running anything I have to do with.

Toxick

Splat
sushisamba said:

Here's a waffle-free post:

I do not like Bush.

I never have.

Having said that, anyone pouncing on this "I decide what's best" quote is a party-line towing political wannabe HACK. He is the president, and as such there are many things which are "his decision", and the topic in question is, in fact his decision.

The quote is taken out of context, and anyone harping on it is a partisan tool-face clown.

Bush has said plenty of dumbass things, without a bunch of leftist turds inventing stuff.