Bush in MD for Steele Last Night

Terps

President Bush came to Maryland last night to raise money for Steele's Campaign. Mr. Steele’s only campaign strategy seems to be to tag along with President Bush no matter where that takes Steele politically. I don’t want to send someone to Washington who thinks we need to continue on the path Bush has put the country on. If I send somebody to Washington I want him to worry about what is good for Maryland not about pleasing the Bush family.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/30/AR2005113002096.html

Pete

Repete
Bush did not win the state in either of his presidential campaigns -- Ehrlich advised him in 2004 that he would be better off spending time elsewhere -- and a recent poll conducted for the Baltimore Sun put his approval rating in the state at 33 percent. Democrats outnumber Republicans nearly 2 to 1 in Maryland.

This was interesting. If Dems outnumber Republicans 2:1 and we know that many Republicans are not on the "I approve list" that means that there are crossover Dems who do approve in the 33%.

ptbrien

Livin' for the Dream
Math

There are probably crossovers from both parties. But if you think of a 2 to 1 ratio as three people then when divided in 100, 66.6% would be Dems and 33% would be Reps. Simple math.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Terps said:
I don’t want to send someone to Washington who thinks we need to continue on the path Bush has put the country on.
I do. What I DON'T want is someone who doesn't understand the threat of terrorism and wants to appease the Islamofascists, like Mikulski and Sarbanes.