Bush knowledge of Sept. 11

H

Heretic

I think the old cliche "Hindsight is 20/20" applies very well to this situation.

After the first WTC bombing, the Embassy bombings in Africa, the bombing of the USS Cole, and probably man thwarted attempts that we dont even know about Im sure Government officials knew something was going on, but pinpointing it would have been nearly impossible. Heck I knew there were terrorists somewhere planning something, there are probably American Terrorists out there planning something right now.

Stopping terrorism totally is probably impossible, I think we are off to a good start.

Like in the movie Swordfish we must make the penalty for terrorism so unspeakable, so horrid that it never happens. The cold war very successful in keeping the peace because both sides were scared to death of the consequences, maybe it wasnt such a bad idea.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just to give the children out there a fair hearing...

Let's assume W knew. Hell, let's assume he planned it or better yet, was the 20th terrorist because Dick's heart was acting up again.

Would he then "hide" for 24 hours on AF1 allowing the children to then allude he is a coward?

Wouldn't he have scored better points "foiling" the attacks, obviously having all the facts to prove how horrible it COULD have been had it not been for the Shrub Brigades? Photo op with the school kids and teachers saved?

Politicians crave control. The chaos that follows intense events like this is the antithesis of control.

W already had the tax cut, was having popcorn and movies with his opponents and was already exhibiting solid leadership and popularity.

Risk a move, possibly throwing the economic recovery into chaos, shut down consumer confidence, and catch hell for the tax break, complete unpredictability?

There is neither logic nor control. Not even Oliver Stone can make a plausible story out of this one.

Follow the trail of legal hurdles the FBI faced. Follow it to libs in congress. Follow it to Teddy’s desk and grow up.

Whether FDR knew or not, at least there is a plausible "why".

Hell, for a good conspiracy W shoulda bombed the Arab oil fields and saved Enron along with the ANWR deal and domestic oil as a whole. That's what the children believe anyway. The GREAT OIL CONSPIRACY. Boo.

After eight years of actually being lied to and manipulated, constantly, it is easier for the kids to look for a boogieman in elephant garb than to face the traitor within their faith.

Children, just remember, "sophomore" is only supposed to be one year in your life, not a career.

Of course, maybe it is true? Maybe he really is that much smarter than previously thought, hmm?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Having listened to Larry rant for many moons now, I think I can safely say that the "children" he's referring to are the people who dance with glee every time Bush mispronounces a word.

The same ones who pray to their non-existant God every night that they will get the chance to watch a Bush impeachment hearing.

The news organizations who virtually ignored the extremely credible Clinton rape charges, saying it was soooo long ago, but dredged up a 25 year old DWI in order to discredit Bush.

You know who they are, Jimmy.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Geeee, I hope it's not me! I like Bush! There's no way 9/11 could have been prevented, unless we shut down the airports and closed the WTC! YEAH RIGHT!!! Before 9/11 if he would have done that, the USA would have had a crap fit! Before 9/11 warning's would have been a joke. The liberals would have had a feild day with Bush on that one! Come on people face it, most americans have to learn the hard way "Don't do anything untill it happens"! Just like with Iraq. Lets not go in there and stop him making his weapons, well just wait untill he use's them. Well it's too late then. Does anyone see my point?

jimmy

Drunkard
Vrai,

Just wanted to clarify as it is certainly NOT the position of any of my "ilk" that Bushie had knowledge of Sept. 11th and did nothing about it. I think the fault lies in a disorganized FBI chain of command and even STILL I really blame no one.

It was a lo-tech attack with disasterous results that really, save human intel or a MUCH better organized process of reviewing intel info, we couldn't have caught it.

Bushie has enough faults w/o having to trump up some crap about attributing 9/11 to him.

jimmy

Drunkard
Glad you liked that! It was half-hearted sarcasm at best...I just can really tell you like to 'tweak' me whenever you get the chance...I don't really mind it though. I kinda enjoy it, actually!