bushes speech

N

notquitesain1

"Today, there are 103 nuclear (nucular) plants in America. They produce about 20 percent of the nation's electricity without producing a single pound of air pollution or greenhouse gases. I think you told me that 20 percent of all Maryland's electricity is produced here at this plant. Without these nuclear (nucular) plants, America would released nearly 700 million metric tons more carbon dioxide into the air each year. That's about the same amount of carbon dioxide that now comes from all our cars and trucks."

AndyMarquisLIVE

NBC News report

Bush sees green reasons for nuclear power

President Bush visited a nuclear power plant Wednesday to encourage the construction of new sites as part of energy legislation in Congress, saying nuclear power can reduce foreign dependency on energy and help tackle global warming. | MORE >>

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Bush sees green reasons for nuclear power

President Bush visited a nuclear power plant Wednesday to encourage the construction of new sites as part of energy legislation in Congress, saying nuclear power can reduce foreign dependency on energy and help tackle global warming. | MORE >>

Many of the founders of the ecology movement agree with him. Which is causing no end of consternation to the sheep in the eco-flocks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why anyone listens to eco-nutties is beyond me. If they really wanted to reduce man's impact on the earth, they'd all kill themselves and reduce the population.