Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“The House dealt a devastating blow to small businesses today, risking record growth, job creation, and already increasing wages,” Juanita Duggan, president and CEO of the National Federation of Independent Businesses, said in a statement. The NFIB is the leading advocacy organization for small businesses.

A representative for the restaurant industry also criticized the bill.

“Thousands of restaurant industry employees, leaders and community members have called and emailed Congress to share their concerns about how H.R. 582 would cripple small- and family-owned businesses,” National Restaurant Association spokesperson Sean Kennedy said in a statement. “H.R. 582 is the wrong wage at the wrong time, implemented in the wrong way.”

Kennedy called instead for “a commonsense approach to minimum wage.”

The National Retail Federation likewise emphasized the bill’s potential consequences.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/18/business-groups-slam-house-for-passing-15-minimum-wage-bill.html

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Ask around and see if this complaint is legit; that restaurant staff are, in general, not happy. My bet is that you will find they are not thrilled at all; that their overall income (if they can keep a job) will be lessened. (I have friends and family in this business sector as both "labor" and management and the overwhelming opinion is against this.)

Yay, Dems! Keep up the great work writing the Repubs' 2020 campaign ads.

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ask around and see if this complaint is legit;

I applaud your curiosity, often times a 'PRO' Business Group is quoted in response to these Governmental Actions ..... and please don't take this personally but somethings are just plainly obvious, like the sun rising in the east.

yrs of data show Gov Mandated Min Wage Hikes kills jobs ..... and an obvious response to such actions are

' make due with less ' less staff, less expansion ...

Were this to pass, it would only result in Chain Restaurants like MC Donald's / Burger King / Wendy's ... etc Automating faster, rolling out more Touch Screen Ordering Systems

Places like Red Robin will do away with a wait staff, you will order your dinner from an iPad or other table top touch screen device

what if any wait staff still exist will no longer earn tips ... I'm not tipping someone earning $ 15 bucks an hour

This might even revamp titty bars .... are you going to tip for a lap dance if that chick is getting $ 15 bucks an hour :sshrug:

Yooper

I applaud your curiosity, often times a 'PRO' Business Group is quoted in response to these Governmental Actions ..... and please don't take this personally but somethings are just plainly obvious, like the sun rising in the east.

yrs of data show Gov Mandated Min Wage Hikes kills jobs ..... and an obvious response to such actions are

Were this to pass, it would only result in Chain Restaurants like MC Donald's / Burger King / Wendy's ... etc Automating faster, rolling out more Touch Screen Ordering Systems

Places like Red Robin will do away with a wait staff, you will order your dinner from an iPad or other table top touch screen device

what if any wait staff still exist will no longer earn tips ... I'm not tipping someone earning $ 15 bucks an hour

This might even revamp titty bars .... are you going to tip for a lap dance if that chick is getting $ 15 bucks an hour :sshrug:
We agree. Was making more of a rhetorical statement. Apologies that it wasn't more clear.

--- End of line (MCP)

transporter

Jesus comrade...so let's rip this BS apart shall we??

YRS of data on the minimum wage prove one thing...there is NO consensus on its impact on jobs. Since you only post politically motivated articles you won't understand this.

Naturally you bitch, but never offer any other solution. All you do is bitch.

Red Robin already has a table side "kiosk" that takes care of your check.

I don't even want to consider what would crawl around on your lap for only $15 an hour.

So...about your latest article. Did you read it?

“The House dealt a devastating blow to small businesses today, risking record growth, job creation, and already increasing wages,” Juanita Duggan, president and CEO of the National Federation of Independent Businesses, said in a statement. The NFIB is the leading advocacy organization for small businesses.

Increasing the minimum wage does not risk overall job growth (that is just a stupid political position).

How would increasing the minimum wage deal a devastating blow to wages that are already increasing?? That doesn't even make sense. (BTW the rate of wage growth is slowing...I know they don't tell you that).

Oh and speaking of "plainly obvious", there is this point that makes the bunching of your panties worthless:

The NFIB’s Duggan encouraged the Senate to kill the bill. Indeed, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is unlikely to bring up the legislation in his chamber. The White House pledged that President Donald Trump would veto it if it made it to his desk.

Yooper

Jesus comrade...
We're making progress. Good to know. Thank you for your testimony.

YRS of data on the minimum wage prove one thing...there is NO consensus on its impact on jobs.
Disagree. I already know (as I noted in my post) that it has had a negative impact. Perhaps not on the scale you seem to require, but that doesn't negate the point/concern.

Naturally you bitch, but never offer any other solution. All you do is bitch.
Nominee for the "best self-own" post of perhaps the last millennium.

Red Robin already has a table side "kiosk" that takes care of your check.
So, perhaps, you're helping to prove the point...?

How would increasing the minimum wage deal a devastating blow to wages that are already increasing??
You know the answer. You're just trying to browbeat.

Oh and speaking of "plainly obvious", there is this point that makes the bunching of your panties worthless:
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Because the Senate is unlikely to bring this up for a vote folks shouldn't send a message to the House expressing their concern or disapproval?

Good to know. Next time my Congressperson asks my opinion on an issue beforehand I'll just tell him/her, "No comment. Transporter told me that since the issue is not likely to be taken up by the Senate no need to relate my concerns."

C'mon, man.

--- End of line (MCP)

black dog

Free America

I am betting the amount of waiters and waitress's on each shift will drop and the ones that work will have more tables and with that they will bring in more tips.
With more tips being brought in the cost per hour to the business owner for the wait staff will drop. The closer to 15 bucks an hour the tips get the employee, the less per hour the owner will have to pay.

littlelady

God bless the USA

“Thousands of restaurant industry employees, leaders and community members have called and emailed Congress to share their concerns about how H.R. 582 would cripple small- and family-owned businesses,” National Restaurant Association spokesperson Sean Kennedy said in a statement. “H.R. 582 is the wrong wage at the wrong time, implemented in the wrong way.”

Kennedy called instead for “a commonsense approach to minimum wage.”

The National Retail Federation likewise emphasized the bill’s potential consequences.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/18/business-groups-slam-house-for-passing-15-minimum-wage-bill.html

Ask around and see if this complaint is legit; that restaurant staff are, in general, not happy. My bet is that you will find they are not thrilled at all; that their overall income (if they can keep a job) will be lessened. (I have friends and family in this business sector as both "labor" and management and the overwhelming opinion is against this.)

Yay, Dems! Keep up the great work writing the Repubs' 2020 campaign ads.

--- End of line (MCP)

Why do the Dems keep doing this to themselves? The bill has to pass in the Senate, and it won’t.

littlelady

God bless the USA
We're making progress. Good to know. Thank you for your testimony.

Disagree. I already know (as I noted in my post) that it has had a negative impact. Perhaps not on the scale you seem to require, but that doesn't negate the point/concern.

Nominee for the "best self-own" post of perhaps the last millennium.

So, perhaps, you're helping to prove the point...?

You know the answer. You're just trying to browbeat.

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Because the Senate is unlikely to bring this up for a vote folks shouldn't send a message to the House expressing their concern or disapproval?

Good to know. Next time my Congressperson asks my opinion on an issue beforehand I'll just tell him/her, "No comment. Transporter told me that since the issue is not likely to be taken up by the Senate no need to relate my concerns."

C'mon, man.

--- End of line (MCP)

How do you know trans is not a wo-man? :lol: