Businesses Closed Because/During the KungFlu?

TPD

the poor dad
Not sure if these places are closed permanently or not and is it because of 'rona if they are?

The Cow & Fish - Hollywood - dropped by 4-5 weeks ago for dinner. Sign on door said temporarily closed for a wee, but sign seemed a bit old with some customer notes on it about having reservations but never informed they could not honor reservations. Noticed 2 weeks ago still not open. Any word?

The Dry Dock Restaurant - Solomons - stopped in 3-4 weeks ago. Dumpster in parking lot. Sign on door said temporarily closed for renovations. Dropped by again this past weekend. Dumpster gone but sign still on door. Anyone have anything further? Seems like an odd time for renos when I would guess summertime is some of their best business.

7-11 - Mechanicsville - Was just in there a couple weeks ago for an eclair and coffee. Today I noticed the place is boarded up and the parking lot taped off - no eclair for me! Temporary or permanent?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Cow and Fish owners opened IL Piccolo Morso in Leonardtown. I think they are splitting time between both.
When we last talked to the owner she said she couldn't find enough staff to keep both open. That was a couple of months ago though.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When we last talked to the owner she said she couldn't find enough staff to keep both open. That was a couple of months ago though.
I wouldn't doubt that. They were offering $30 an hour including gratuities. I guess that isn't good enough.

Grumpy

I heard Dry Dock was closed before COWarD and would remain closed.
Mainly because it had hit SUCK
Had heard the Dry Dock was good so gave it a try 10+ years ago. By far the worst meal I have had out plus had to deal with an condescending, arrogant ahole waiter. Usually I'll give a place a 2nd try thinking it may have been an off night but the waiter's attitude swore me off ever coming back.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Had heard the Dry Dock was good so gave it a try 10+ years ago. By far the worst meal I have had out plus had to deal with an condescending, arrogant ahole waiter. Usually I'll give a place a 2nd try thinking it may have been an off night but the waiter's attitude swore me off ever coming back.
Wow. I've had many delicious meals there.

Grumpy

Wow. I've had many delicious meals there.
I'm sure most of the time the place was good, I had heard many rave about it but the waiter was a real jackass. Neither my wife nor I commented on the food or sent anything back but the waiter acted like he was doing us a favor waiting on us. Probably the only time in my adult life that I left less than a 20% tip(believe I left a 5% tip). Just a bad experience.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sure most of the time the place was good, I had heard many rave about it but the waiter was a real jackass. Neither my wife nor I commented on the food or sent anything back but the waiter acted like he was doing us a favor waiting on us. Probably the only time in my adult life that I left less than a 20% tip(believe I left a 5% tip). Just a bad experience.
I would have spoken to the manager.

Reactions: BOP

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I would have spoken to the manager.

luvmygdaughters

Daughter took me one year for my birthday, it was delicious. My husband and I went a month later and it was lousy. We tried again a couple of weeks after that and wasnt any better.