Busy weekend

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Spent Sunday up in Deale, working on one of our boats. Marina was humming with activity. Deal harbor area was packed...charter boats were all out. Had a fantastic lunch at our favorite restaurant and watched many groups of motorcyclists roll by.

Felt good.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Another full day up in Deale working on the boat...and another very busy Deale harbor, packed with people, enjoying the holiday. :yay:

Boat still a couple weeks away from launch at this point, but I'm enjoying the work and enjoying my lunches at Happy Harbor restaurant even more..LOL.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We cleaned the Chaparral yesterday (finally) to get it ready to float. Thankfully the extent of our repairs was limited to trying to unclog a drain tube then it was just cleaning. The boat sat in covered storage all of last season and we were not too optimistic about it starting but it started right up. We put it over and just rode around for an hour or so just to check operation. It ran great and I'm looking forward to getting out there a ton before my oldest heads off to school in August.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It ran great and I'm looking forward to getting out there a ton before my oldest heads off to school in August.
:buddies: Good for you. Me....I'm surrounded by a pile of broken boats. Lost the 150 Johnson on the back of our 18' (our main squeeze for fishing and running around) last fall due to impact with sunken log/tree in Dukehart's channel. The 90 on the 20' ProLine is wore out. The Donzi has a bad transom that started to leak real bad before I stopped running it. The Champ 17 hull is undergoing a total restoration and all new stringers before a new 428 and Berkeley jet go in it. Might be done next year at the rate we're going with that project... The new engine for the Carlson 16 is done but the hull still needs work. The cabin cruiser is getting bottom cleaned this week but can't afford to put gas in that and run around...all I'll do is run straight across to Coles Point and get the tank topped off and the holding tank pumped...and run straight back.

Gah. Boats. Can't live with 'em..can't live without 'em. Got a 16' Carolina skiff with a 25HP Yamaha tiller-steer 4-stroke on it...it's the only boat we got running that we can afford to run. LOL.

Plan is to buy a new Yamaha 115 for the ProLine once business is back on a decent footing. Whenever that might happen... ;-p

So with all that crap essentially going nowhere soon, we're focusing instead on getting the Hatteras overboard and run from Deale to Tall Timbers..my son is going to live aboard that one.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I may know a guy with with a 25DLX Carolina Skiff that is LOADED with electronics, collapsible tower and strong E-TEC 140 (I think). He may still have it for sale still, I haven't talked to him about it since he offered me low monthly payments and no interest. I just shared my new name with him,
M.T. Pockets. :nomoney:

I am looking for an inexpensive <$600 GPS/Fishfinder for the Chap. I can get to Cole's Point, Sharkstooth, TT etc just looking for a little extra safety factor.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I may know a guy with with a 25DLX Carolina Skiff that is LOADED with electronics, collapsible tower and strong E-TEC 140 (I think). He may still have it for sale still,

Sounds a lot like one a buddy of mine in 7D had.... I'm not going to become an E-TEC owner; have to stick with the outboards I can work on myself and those are not on that list.