Butternut Squash

frequentflier

happy to be living
That's really nice - what are you teaching them?
It is a soup Vrai turned me on to. Chopped cabbage, ground beef, I use kidney beans though her version uses corn and spicy V8 juice. Of course, onions, garlic, blop of boullion and a splash of worchestershire. (sp)
Crock pot for 8 hours. YUM!
Stupid me, though, I went to grocery store yesterday and forgot the V8 along with olive oil. My eggplant parm turned out great, regardless!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I went out at 3:30 this morning for a short one. Little cold, a lot windy, and the moon was breathtaking. Something about cold weather really seems to bring out their light - clear so bright I couldn't make out the stars. Walked right by a herd of deer not even 100 feet from me - kept right on eating. Really good morning!
I failed awake at 5:30 (thanks internal alarm clock!) and went outside for a bit. A bit windy but warmer than yesterday and the moon was spectacular! Glad your morning was good. On my second cup of ☕ while watching CBS Sunday Morning.

SailorGirl

It is a soup Vrai turned me on to. Chopped cabbage, ground beef, I use kidney beans though her version uses corn and spicy V8 juice. Of course, onions, garlic, blop of boullion and a splash of worchestershire. (sp)
Stupid me, though, I went to grocery store yesterday and forgot the V8 along with olive oil. My eggplant parm turned out great, regardless!
Oh that' right you mentioned that yesterday - I'm sorry. I'm glad your parm turned out well - that's one of those better the next day dishes too! I was planning on roasting that enormous chicken that's been in the freezer, but true to form, forgot all about it until ten minutes ago. Headed to the commissary for something beefy for the crockpot instead.

Last edited:

SailorGirl

I failed awake at 5:30 (thanks internal alarm clock!) and went outside for a bit. A bit windy but warmer than yesterday and the moon was spectacular! Glad your morning was good. On my second cup of ☕ while watching CBS Sunday Morning.
Happy that someone else saw it - too good to be missed!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Has this recipe been posted? I've got a pound of venison in the freezer needing a good recipe. I'd hate to waste good wild game on spaghetti. I'm fairly handy in the kitchen, so I suppose with what you've posted, I could come up with something edible.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Has this recipe been posted? I've got a pound of venison in the freezer needing a good recipe. I'd hate to waste good wild game on spaghetti. I'm fairly handy in the kitchen, so I suppose with what you've posted, I could come up with something edible.
After cooking class (and filling one girl's crockpot), I made a crock pot of my own. I am not terribly fond of venison but the v8 and long cooking time might tenderize it. It is so good, I could live off this soup!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
After cooking class (and filling one girl's crockpot), I made a crock pot of my own. I am not terribly fond of venison but the v8 and long cooking time might tenderize it. It is so good, I could live off this soup!
It's ground with beef suet added, so it cooks basically the same. It's very much like ground chuck.

SailorGirl

Venison! It was you I was talking about bison with.

SailorGirl

If you truly don't like the bison burgers, I'll buy them from you. I've heard they're good and I wouldn't want you to throw them in that freezer of yours.
I wish I had seen this sooner I already put them out front before I left. Bowl was empty when I came back. And for the record, I would have given them to you that's silly to sell something I didn't want.