Butternut Squash

SailorGirl

How long before Alec Baldwin releases the "Schwedy Balls" scented candle?
So I googled that, having no idea what men's balls smell like and I got all kinds of information on why men scratch their balls then smell their fingers.

I wasn't aware that they did this. Is there a reason?

So I googled that, having no idea what men's balls smell like and I got all kinds of information on why men scratch their balls then smell their fingers.

I wasn't aware that they did this. Is there a reason?
Your Google is broken. It is a SNL skit.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Try Giant, they quite often have it in the veg section. More expensive it worth it for convenience.
the problem with the pre-cut, it goes bad fast.
If you buy it pre-cut, check the package for signs of moisture and then use it that day.
Otherwise you have the makings of a cold butternut squash soup.

Bonehead

I bought some butternut squash and fresh dug sweet potatoes from the market in Loveville. Ruined me for grocery store items of the same type. The squash and potatoes had so much more flavor.

SailorGirl

I bought some butternut squash and fresh dug sweet potatoes from the market in Loveville. Ruined me for grocery store items of the same type. The squash and potatoes had so much more flavor.
Getting near that time of year again. I'm already planning Thanksgiving and figuring out what I might want to get early just in case another Corona outbreak throws a monkey wrench in the works.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife was at Stauffers yesterday talking to one of the owners. He told her is was a bad year locally for squash and pumpkins.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Getting near that time of year again. I'm already planning Thanksgiving and figuring out what I might want to get early just in case another Corona outbreak throws a monkey wrench in the works.
I think I enjoy planning the menu out more than the holiday :lol:

SailorGirl

I think I enjoy planning the menu out more than the holiday :lol:
I DEFINITELY like it better than the cooking!

I've been thinking though back to when COVID started and how difficult it was to obtain things I needed. I'm not much of a prepper, but if the flu/covid goes where it's predicted when the colder weather sets in...making my list now and shopping a little for it every time I go to the grocery store for my regular shopping. Going from store to store looking for things like sugar is just not my favorite thing to do during the holidays.

And you got a brand new baby for Christmas - going to be a great holiday for you and yours!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I DEFINITELY like it better than the cooking!

I've been thinking though back to when COVID started and how difficult it was to obtain things I needed. I'm not much of a prepper, but if the flu/covid goes where it's predicted when the colder weather sets in...making my list now and shopping a little for it every time I go to the grocery store for my regular shopping. Going from store to store looking for things like sugar is just not my favorite thing to do during the holidays.

And you got a brand new baby for Christmas - going to be a great holiday for you and yours!
I would rather shop in the middle of the night than a Saturday/Sunday before a holiday :lol: In fact, when I attended college in a very populated area, I would do just that... grocery shop at Walmart around midnight - much to the horror of my mother. I loathe shopping with crowds. I avoid weekend shopping during regular seasons too! I just like to take my time while I plan it all out!

We haven't decided if we're here or at either of the grandparents this year, for either holiday otherwise I'd be planning my menus too. Regardless... with a baby on the hip, I'll have to tone down my bougie dishes a little this year :lmao: