Buying Shoes

Buying Walking/ Running Shoes

Iv'e often read that you should take a pair of old running/walking shoes with you when you go to buy new ones so that the sales person can see how they have worn.

Does anyone know which sporting goods store actually has salespeople who can do this?

I really need to find a store with good salespeople, as I have just recovered from a meta tarsal stress fracture (in walking cast from April-August)

Iv'e been able to return to my 4 miles per day, by putting those forefoot cushions in my shoes but I really need to replace my shoes...

But I want someone who can look at my old shoes and suggest my best option-

Last edited:
C

campinmutt

Iv'e often read that you should take a pair of old running/walking shoes with you when you go to buy new ones so that the sales person can see how they have worn.

Does anyone know which sporting goods store actually has salespeople who can do this?

I really need to find a store with good salespeople, as I have just recovered from a meta tarsal stress fracture (in walking cast from April-August)

Iv'e been able to return to my 4 miles per day, by putting those forefoot cushions in my shoes but I really need to replace my shoes...

But I want someone who can look at my old shoes and suggest my best option-

there is a shoe store in lusby....near ledos...nice man , knows his shoes!!

Thank you, this time I googled running shoes cushioned fore foot and found a few suggestions, ended up at Pennys and I got Nike air max run II, took em out last night for the test walk.. and they were awesome! They also run wide.

I added a gel fore foot cushion to them also. Odd cuz before in the Mizunos I was landing on my fore foot and in these I am landing on my heel automatically........

like walking on pillows! $62 not bad. but when i wear this pair out I may venture over the bridge to check them out!