By the way: happy belated Indigenous People's Day!

BOP

Which ones are we celebrating?

Everyone knows that if you celebrate Columbus Day, you’re a Nazi bigot, so that’s why most woke cultures and municipalities will be celebrating Indigenous Peoples’ Day instead. Genesius Times is proud to inform you of how you can not be a bigot on this special day. Mostly, you can imitate what the indigenous peoples did in their heyday like human sacrifice or canibalism. Plus, you get an exemption from cultural appropriation but only on this day!

blacklabman

I think they ought to cancel Columbus Day (Indigenous People's Day). The feds have too many holidays as it is.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Which ones are we celebrating?

Everyone knows that if you celebrate Columbus Day, you’re a Nazi bigot, so that’s why most woke cultures and municipalities will be celebrating Indigenous Peoples’ Day instead. Genesius Times is proud to inform you of how you can not be a bigot on this special day. Mostly, you can imitate what the indigenous peoples did in their heyday like human sacrifice or canibalism. Plus, you get an exemption from cultural appropriation but only on this day!
Given that Genesius Times is a satire site I wonder if this was offered up as satire or hard truth. Hope its the latter as it is so true.

I would add that if one wants to make a big deal out of Europeans bringing smallpox to the Americas, then we should remember that syphilis was a gift from the Americas to Europe.

The feds? I have those same holidays. I'd actually like them to add one. 9/11.
I would like to see the two swapped (9/11 in, Columbus Day out). But the scheme settled upon seems to be one holiday per month.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Given that Genesius Times is a satire site I wonder if this was offered up as satire or hard truth. Hope its the latter as it is so true.

I would add that if one wants to make a big deal out of Europeans bringing smallpox to the Americas, then we should remember that syphilis was a gift from the Americas to Europe.

I would like to see the two swapped (9/11 in, Columbus Day out). But the scheme settled upon seems to be one holiday per month.
Plus celebrating Patriot's Day (9/11) doesn't lend itself on a Monday holiday.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say, 'Happy Bahamian Day? Since it was there he, Columbus, on his first trip, landed, on one of those Islands? It wasn't until his third voyage, where he landed on August 1st, 1498, which is now called South America. So maybe it should be 'Happy South American day'? Or maybe 'Happy America Day' for when it was Americus Vespucius whom discovered the New World in 1499. Or, maybe, 'Happy Cobot Day', when in 1497 John Cabot, along with his son, Sebastian, under the patronage of Henry the XII, first landed upon what is now Newfoundland, then traveled the coast from Labrador to Virginia, and/or as possibly as far south as Florida. A full year before Columbus set foot on South America.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Chris Columbus, the first practitioner of multiculturalism. The native population benefitted from exposure to Italian & Spanish culture, thereby enriching the natives.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Chris Columbus, the first practitioner of multiculturalism. The native population benefitted from exposure to Italian & Spanish culture, thereby enriching the natives.

Columbus Day is a half holiday, now. It doesn’t change trash, or recycle pick up. Just the mail. Just sayin’.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

Shouldn't either MLK Day be stricken instead since that is a later feel good day or Labor Day since leftist trash celebrates that 365/24/7?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Shouldn't either MLK Day be stricken instead since that is a later feel good day or Labor Day since leftist trash celebrates that 365/24/7?

I, always, thought Labor Day should have been in honor of all the moms that have given birth. :lol: Men have no idea about that. They are lucky. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Yes he was a hero for bringing Diversity to America.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I, always, thought Labor Day should have been in honor of all the moms that have given birth. :lol: Men have no idea about that. They are lucky. 😉
Yes, true. But we sure do take pleasure in making it happen. Maybe it should be renamed Pleasure Day? But maybe you are right. I recall an old saying. "One night of pleasure. 9 months of waiting. 18 Years of pain". Or something along those lines.

Yes he was a hero for bringing Diversity to America.
'Ole Christopher only landed upon, and explored, what are the Islands of Bahama, that of Cuba, and Terra Firma, aka, South America. Never once did he set foot, sail past, or look upon that we know as America. Then there is that other Italian, Americus Vespucius. His claims are dubious. He however only explored that area, on this side of the great pond, that land known as South America. However, it was John Cabot, (of Cabot Cheese fame. Just kidding), and his son Sebastian, that actually sailed and surveyed much of what is the east coast portion of what we know as North America in 1497. The discovery of which that was under the commission of Henry VII of England which is the earliest known European exploration of coastal North America. Which excludes Columbus and Vespucius. Not accounting for the Norse, or course. Ya know, that fellow, a Viking, Leif Erikson, that found and explored what is Newfoundland, etc., 400 years plus prior. But they didn't have any printing presses for books and writings for us to read of their exploits, and left only artifacts for us to look over from their visit. So, that leaves only John Cabot, to be the one that truly found and explored what we refer to, or think of as being, "The New World", an Englishman.

Now, that is not to say the Columbus didn't have any kudos coming his way. He did. He trail blazed, (water sprayed), and found land no one else thought existed, which created all sorts of intrigue and questions of possible new riches, which lead to others to set sail. But to say he discovered America? North or South, is incorrect. Columbus set foot on South America in the area of Venezuela on August 1, 1498. John Cabot more than a year earlier in North America on June 24, 1497.

Hijinx

If I may ...

Yes, true. But we sure do take pleasure in making it happen. Maybe it should be renamed Pleasure Day? But maybe you are right. I recall an old saying. "One night of pleasure. 9 months of waiting. 18 Years of pain". Or something along those lines.

'Ole Christopher only landed upon, and explored, what are the Islands of Bahama, that of Cuba, and Terra Firma, aka, South America. Never once did he set foot, sail past, or look upon that we know as America. Then there is that other Italian, Americus Vespucius. His claims are dubious. He however only explored that area, on this side of the great pond, that land known as South America. However, it was John Cabot, (of Cabot Cheese fame. Just kidding), and his son Sebastian, that actually sailed and surveyed much of what is the east coast portion of what we know as North America in 1497. The discovery of which that was under the commission of Henry VII of England which is the earliest known European exploration of coastal North America. Which excludes Columbus and Vespucius. Not accounting for the Norse, or course. Ya know, that fellow, a Viking, Leif Erikson, that found and explored what is Newfoundland, etc., 400 years plus prior. But they didn't have any printing presses for books and writings for us to read of their exploits, and left only artifacts for us to look over from their visit. So, that leaves only John Cabot, to be the one that truly found and explored what we refer to, or think of as being, "The New World", an Englishman.

Now, that is not to say the Columbus didn't have any kudos coming his way. He did. He trail blazed, (water sprayed), and found land no one else thought existed, which created all sorts of intrigue and questions of possible new riches, which lead to others to set sail. But to say he discovered America? North or South, is incorrect. Columbus set foot on South America in the area of Venezuela on August 1, 1498. John Cabot more than a year earlier in North America on June 24, 1497.

I was being facetious.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I was being facetious.
I know. No harm. Fair play and all that. I just wanted, since it's just past "Columbus Day", to post factual information in case there are those that believe otherwise of the fairy tail that Columbus discovered, "America".:yay: