Bye Bezos! Jeff's ex-wife Mackenzie ditches her married name and reveals she has donated $1.7 BILLION

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MacKenzie Bezos announced Tuesday that she donated $1.7billion to charitable causes over the past year, a bulk of which went to racial equity and justice causes.

The ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who revealed Tuesday she’ll now take on her middle name and go by MacKenzie Scott, is the second-richest woman in the world with a net worth of $60billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

The 50-year-old shared a Medium post listing out 116 organizations she supports and revealed she donated $586.7million to racial equality causes as a part of the Giving Pledge, which she signed following her 2019 divorce.

The pledge is a commitment among the wealthy to give away a significant portion of their money over the course of their lifetimes. She’s promised to distribute at least half of her fortune.

A breakdown of how her $1.7billion in donations was allotted above

Bye Bezos! Jeff's ex-wife Mackenzie ditches her married name and reveals she has donated $1.7 BILLION of her $60bn fortune to charities in the past year, with the bulk going to 'racial equity'

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I can’t say that I agree with her causes, but she’s definitely putting her money on the line instead of just saying you should all donate to my pet cause.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I can’t say that I agree with her causes, but she’s definitely putting her money on the line

Nope but with the kind of money she is throwing around, she can silence as great many other voices

It is a conundrum for sure ...
I wonder how much the left would be screaming if she was donating to conservative groups ...

workerbee

MacKenzie Bezos announced Tuesday that she donated $1.7billion to charitable causes over the past year, a bulk of which went to racial equity and justice causes.

The ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who revealed Tuesday she’ll now take on her middle name and go by MacKenzie Scott, is the second-richest woman in the world with a net worth of $60billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

The 50-year-old shared a Medium post listing out 116 organizations she supports and revealed she donated $586.7million to racial equality causes as a part of the Giving Pledge, which she signed following her 2019 divorce.

The pledge is a commitment among the wealthy to give away a significant portion of their money over the course of their lifetimes. She’s promised to distribute at least half of her fortune.

A breakdown of how her $1.7billion in donations was allotted above

Bye Bezos! Jeff's ex-wife Mackenzie ditches her married name and reveals she has donated $1.7 BILLION of her $60bn fortune to charities in the past year, with the bulk going to 'racial equity'

Leaving her a mere... 58.3 Billion to play with. Poor baby!

Clem72

Leaving her a mere... 58.3 Billion to play with. Poor baby!

You can't just stick 58B in a bank. It would at a minimum be invested in CDs/Bonds/other securities. But I have a sneaking suspicion a large percentage of that money is still in Amazon stock (since that's what most of Bezos money was tied up in). If she happened to do ALL of that donation in one year it would be about 3% of her wealth, but her stock probably earned her 5x as much. So this is literally just a normal amount of charitable donation to offset ones tax liability.

gemma_rae

eq·ui·ty
/ˈekwədē/
noun
noun: equity; singular proper noun: Equity; noun: Equity

1. the quality of being fair and impartial.
"equity of treatment"

Let us see how much racial equity she gets for her money.