Bye bye Bernie!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Sen. Bernie Sanders has dropped out of the 2020 presidential race.

After early triumphs in the Democratic primary, the independent from Vermont failed to pull away from former Vice President Joe Biden as a wide field dwindled. Sanders saw success from Iowa to New Hampshire, Nevada, Colorado and California.

But he fell behind in the national delegate race as prominent Democrats, worried that he could become their nominee and face President Donald Trump in November, coalesced around Biden. After a string of primaries in mid-March, the former vice president racked up pledged delegates and became the race's clear front-runner.

Grumpy

Keep spreading BS MSM

Privately, Trump appeared to fear running against Biden more, even pressuring Ukraine to investigate Biden and his son Hunter in a covert effort that led to his impeachment by the House of Representatives.

Grumpy

I'll bet you that some other Democrat candidate ultimately steps up and becomes the nominee. No way Joe's health will let him run. Either the party will force him out behind closed doors because of the poor health perception or his health will become so bad that he is forced to bail.
No doubt in my mind about that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'll bet you that some other Democrat candidate ultimately steps up and becomes the nominee. No way Joe's health will let him run. Either the party will force him out behind closed doors because of the poor health perception or his health will become so bad that he is forced to bail.

He's been erratic all along, but lately he's barely even coherent. He's failing fast.

herb749

I was waiting for the press conference yesterday and the local news hadn't started yet. Clicked on Fox and The 5 was on. They showed a NBC interview with Biden. During it he coughed into his hand then touched his face. There's you Dem candidate for Prez.

Grumpy

Hijinx

I am actually starting to feel sorry for Joe Biden.
The old man's brain is fried.
WTF is wrong with his wife that she doesn't step in and stop this poor man from making a fool of himself.
Even in the best of time Biden was no brain trust, but now he is so far gone he can't even read off his notes.
He was never top shelf and ready for the big job.

I firmly believe that when this virus scare is over the Democrats will have to go back and scrape the bottom of the barrel again and come up with a candidate. It would be shamelessly cruel to put Biden into a debate with Trump.