MrX

High Octane

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

CrashTest

No more weekend drunks staggering up and down the road. They'll all be confined to the area around the Tiki Bar - at least in the summer. The winter drunks will have no place to go at all

MrX

High Octane
It's interesting how he can lose the property and be $780,000 in debt, but plans to open a new restaurant and upscale lounge in the old Lone Star building.

Pete

Repete
It's interesting how he can lose the property and be $780,000 in debt, but plans to open a new restaurant and upscale lounge in the old Lone Star building.

LLC's, Incorporation and other loop holes

LordStanley

I know nothing
The owner had every opportuinty to clean that dump up and never did. Dance clubs and resturaunts should never Co-exist. You cant sustain a resturaunt on Liqour sales and covercharges. Its easy to blame the economy when you have a ####ty menu, bad waitstaff and no ambiance.

Get rid of the pool tables, videogames, dance floor, DJ booth and you already made a dramtic improvement.

That location and building is perfect for a sports bar or pub type buisness.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The owner had every opportuinty to clean that dump up and never did. Dance clubs and resturaunts should never Co-exist. You cant sustain a resturaunt on Liqour sales and covercharges. Its easy to blame the economy when you have a ####ty menu, bad waitstaff and no ambiance.

Get rid of the pool tables, videogames, dance floor, DJ booth and you already made a dramtic improvement.

Excellent post!! Dead on accurate! That is prime real estate there. A properly run pub would do great! Jason & John who own Ltown Pub should expand. :whistle:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Excellent post!! Dead on accurate! That is prime real estate there. A properly run pub would do great! Jason & John who own Ltown Pub should expand. :whistle:

Plus they are on the harbor side! Fix up the piers and get the boaters in there!

Solomons Island Pub has a good ring to it :buddies:

ltown81

Me and my wife had never been to Catameran's..we saw it as like a club/bar. One night after all the marketing they did over Biggins, we decided to try dinner there. We were sat in a dark, poorly renovated dining room downstairs.The food was not really all that great, and the building seemed drafty (it was winter). We also figured the club was still a big part of business based on the noise and people coming and going upstairs. Bars are profitable and relativly easy to run as long as you control the crowd you get. Fine dining on the other hand is only profitable if you hit a home run.

As for opening an upscale lounge in the Lone Star building...that is pretty foolish. Weren't people murdered there? A lot of traffic may drive past there, but not many people will stop. I remember when LoneStar was somewhat edible, me and my wife would not go after dark. A better location would be the old Donovan's building..or even maybe Damon's. I know it is not far from Lonestar, but that building is nicer, and a little more isolated.

Last edited:

CrashTest

As for opening an upscale lounge in the Lone Star building...that is pretty foolish. Weren't people murdered there?

Maybe he's banking on all the fly-boys who stay in those hotels taking advantage of a SMIB-free watering hole within walking distance to their hotel. Back when I was a fly-boy, every hotel had a full service bar and they were full every night.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:yay:

Ltown81 mentioned Donovan's and that's another excellent location that has never been properly utilized. It's just amazing to me that there are these prime restaurant/entertainment spots dotted around the area, and some durhard goes and makes a chit hole out of them.

But people don't know how to eat anyway. They pack the Red Robin and Applebee's, standing in freaking line to get in on a Fri or Sat, when they could drive another mile and get much better food and service.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa

Ltown81 mentioned Donovan's and that's another excellent location that has never been properly utilized. It's just amazing to me that there are these prime restaurant/entertainment spots dotted around the area, and some durhard goes and makes a chit hole out of them.

But people don't know how to eat anyway. They pack the Red Robin and Applebee's, standing in freaking line to get in on a Fri or Sat, when they could drive another mile and get much better food and service.

I have never been impressed with many of the local restaurants, don't get me wrong I have had some really good food at a few places. The majority have sucked, food is either bland with no flavor, either way over cooked or under cooked, and not to mention the many times we have had terrible service.

Tried Ruddy Duck, steak was dry and over cooked, the crab cake was just so-so, nothing impressive. I would have sent the steak back but after waiting 50 minutes for it to come out (50 min from ordering), I wasn't waiting for another one. Girlfriend had a pasta, it was way over cooked, sauce was flavorless. However the beer was actually OK. Another place was La Tabella, this was actually a slightly better experience. The wait staff did pretty well, the food however was extremely bland, i mean salt must not even be present in the kitchen. The crab toast appetizer was better than the meal.

Lenny's has been hit or miss for us, have had a few good meals there. Nothing i would call great. I will say that Scheibles made a very good meal.

At this point I would rather eat at a chain and get something I know I can eat. To me it is a gamble eating at a lot of the local places.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I hope you're not talking about Lenny's, we wrote them off after being disappointed 4 times in a row, a shame because it was the wifes and mine restaurant.