Bye-Bye Catamarans?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope you're not talking about Lenny's, we wrote them off after being disappointed 4 times in a row, a shame because it was the wifes and mine restaurant.

I've always had good experiences with Lenny's. :shrug: Clarke's Landing is a couple miles from Chain Alley, and they're excellent.

I'm surprised at Blazin's criticism of Ruddy Duck because I've never had even a so-so meal there - it's always been very good. When he says the beer was "actually OK", that tells me he and I might have a different idea of what "good" is. Chain restaurants that pull food out of a bag and heat it up are not my idea of "good".

However Tides is not a chain and if you want an overcooked steak or burger, they're the master. I think of them as KwilliaVille. :yay:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've always had good experiences with Lenny's. :shrug: Clarke's Landing is a couple miles from Chain Alley, and they're excellent.

I'm surprised at Blazin's criticism of Ruddy Duck because I've never had even a so-so meal there - it's always been very good. When he says the beer was "actually OK", that tells me he and I might have a different idea of what "good" is. Chain restaurants that pull food out of a bag and heat it up are not my idea of "good".

However Tides is not a chain and if you want an overcooked steak or burger, they're the master. I think of them as KwilliaVille. :yay:
Put up with Lenny's food the first couple of times because the servers were pleasant, once that was gone there wasn't any reason to go back.

I kinda hafta go along with the Lenny's and Ruddy Duck comments and not going back. I gave each a fair shot but was always disappointed in either the food, service or both.

I even wrote an email to the Duck and expressed my thoughts. Never heard back from them. Off my list.

I spent a few days in NY 1st week of December. My friends and I ate out alot, and I didn't have one, not one, meal that I could just say 'eh' about. The service was always good, and the food even better, one after the other. And dozens of non-chain places to choose from. In fact, you had to seek out chains if you were that desperate, they weren't plastered all over the countryside.

Oh yeah, not sad to see Catamarans go either.

thatguy

I kinda hafta go along with the Lenny's and Ruddy Duck comments and not going back. I gave each a fair shot but was always disappointed in either the food, service or both.

I even wrote an email to the Duck and expressed my thoughts. Never heard back from them. Off my list.

I spent a few days in NY 1st week of December. My friends and I ate out alot, and I didn't have one, not one, meal that I could just say 'eh' about. The service was always good, and the food even better, one after the other. And dozens of non-chain places to choose from. In fact, you had to seek out chains if you were that desperate, they weren't plastered all over the countryside.

Lenny's was just plain nasty the last time i went in there. The duck is generally mediocre, nothing special, but nothing all taht offensive. i have only had bad service there once. The beers are hit or miss. Some are pretty good, some are 'eh'

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I've never had a problem with the service at the Duck, also Carlos has stopped by the table every time we've been there. The one time I mentioned anything he comped the meal (thought the cioppino needed more fish).

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Catamarans has never been known for good food. Its amazing they lasted as long as they did.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Catamarans has never been known for good food. Its amazing they lasted as long as they did.

Christy and I went there one Sunday afternoon for lunch and had a bunch of appetizers that were outstanding. If we could've stuffed more food in our bellies, we would have.

A couple months later I went with mAlice and everything was bad. And I mean everything. I can't think of a single thing that didn't suck. From the sticky table to the non-service to the ruined food to the boxed croutons on the salad.

ltown81

Lenny's is terrible. Really that family has never owned a restaurant I like...or I know anyone else that likes. It is more like a hotel/reception hall business the subsidizes two substandard restaurants.

We have tried all the local non chains, and really most of them are too inconsistant to keep people coming back. Only local places in our regular rotation are Okada, Cafe Des Artists, Clarkes Landing....and....um....well that's it.

Pushrod

Patriot
Christy and I went there one Sunday afternoon for lunch and had a bunch of appetizers that were outstanding. If we could've stuffed more food in our bellies, we would have.

A couple months later I went with mAlice and everything was bad. And I mean everything. I can't think of a single thing that didn't suck. From the sticky table to the non-service to the ruined food to the boxed croutons on the salad.

They used to have the BEST wings, resonably priced and me and my buddies would go there nearly every Saturday for wings. Then about two years ago the food went to the dirt and the prices went to sky and I haven't been back since.