Bye Ravens

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sad, but no big surprise !
Ravens defense still awesome.....Manning - no touchdowns.
McNair........Off and On - Tonight OFF............gettin' old !

Schkinz fanz must be happy :shortbus:

Last edited:

Dukesdad

FireBrand said:
Sad, but no big surprise !
Ravens defense still awesome.....Manning - no touchdowns.
McNair........Off and On - Tonight OFF............gettin' old !

Schkinz fanz must be happy :shortbus:

I feel your pain.

Dukesdad

See, I reach out and try to show my sensative side and where does it get me. I wanted to say :razz: but, you know, I'm tryin, really...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FireBrand again.

Last edited:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dukesdad said:
See, I reach out and try to show my sensative side and where does it get me. I wanted to say :razz: but, you know, I'm tryin, really...

I know, you are such a sweetie !:cussing: :shutup:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why?

Toxick said:
:bawl: :sad:

That was pitiful.

...because they lost?

I think that was a superb playoff football game. Every single play felt like fourth and goal. I don't remember very many 'bad' plays. Maybe Clark's drop that hit him in the face, a few one hoppers by Peyton and that holding call against Ogden was criminal and certainly not used to seeing the Ravens drop int's, but not one of them lead to a touchdown. Over all unreal defense played by both sides, Heaps catch, Vinateri's 51 yarder, so plays made by McNair.

GREAT game, me thinks.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Larry Gude said:
...because they lost?

I think that was a superb playoff football game. Every single play felt like fourth and goal. I don't remember very many 'bad' plays. Maybe Clark's drop that hit him in the face, a few one hoppers by Peyton and that holding call against Ogden was criminal and certainly not used to seeing the Ravens drop int's, but not one of them lead to a touchdown. Over all unreal defense played by both sides, Heaps catch, Vinateri's 51 yarder, so plays made by McNair.

GREAT game, me thinks.
HUH? What game was you watching Larry?? :confused: IMHO-it was one of the worst games of the season. McNair struggled mightily, throwing 2 interceptions (including a critical one in the red zone) and fumbling on his final play. The Ravens managed just one possession in the red zone, which ended with a McNair turnover. They failed to convert 9 of 11 third downs. And they turned the ball over 4 times, 2 of which led to field goals. It bites!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What comes first?

Fubar said:
HUH? What game was you watching Larry?? :confused: IMHO-it was one of the worst games of the season. McNair struggled mightily, throwing 2 interceptions (including a critical one in the red zone) and fumbling on his final play. The Ravens managed just one possession in the red zone, which ended with a McNair turnover. They failed to convert 9 of 11 third downs. And they turned the ball over 4 times, 2 of which led to field goals. It bites!

Chicken or egg? I saw McNair stuggle mightily because the Colts, once again, stepped up BIG time on D. He didn't 'fumble' on the last play; the lineman made a HUGE hustle play to get back their and knock it out. McNair made a couple throws that were just unreal touch.

The pick in the red zone was a TD but the corner who picked it broke off his man and collapsed on the play; no way McNair sees that guy. THe receiver had beaten his man, June, who sure as hell didn't see the corner coming either. THe pass was PERFECT. On my new big screen, damn, the guy was wide open and 10 yards away for just an instant. Right call, right read, super, super play by the corner.

Same for Manning. Did he play bad or did an incredible effort by the Ravens, all day, dictate what he could even try?

I have no dog in this fight and would have been happy either way if I got what I wanted; a GREAT game.

The Ravens, like the Eagles, ran out of gas at the end and gave up the clock killing drive when they could not afford it.

The pics they missed, I think each one was tipped by another player, Lewis on two, making their own hustle play. Ed Reed just played unreal, covering so much ground.

I thought it was a great one.

GDMF Colts.

To their credit, their D did step up pretty well against McNair. And our D wasn't at its strongest, only picking up once the Colts got into Ravens territory. More than anything McNair did, I think our O line wasn't at its top game and didn't give McNair enough clear shots. I think Ogden's injury contributed to this.

Still, GDMF Colts.

I was up in town for the weekend, so the ones I felt worst for were the Baltimorians who were psyched and ready to exorcise some old ghosts against the Irsays. Talk about getting the wind knocked out of you--I was in a Safeway in Baltimore the next day and the place was quieter than a funeral parlor. Oh well, we'll always have 2000. That, and probably the next 1-2 years depending on how we manage the cap. And no matter what, Baltimore fans always have to remember that anything is better than dealing with the Mayflower vans--we'll fight to win another year.

But still, GDMF Colts.