C-a-p-s

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Holy crap! We're on top of the heap again. Too bad the 4 losses weren't OTL or we'd lead the entire league by 6 points right now.

BTW, did I miss something? Where did our five Caps fans go?

:clap: LET'S GO CAPS!!! :clap:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I try to watch every game, just do not know as much about hockey as the other major sports. Been watching Caps since I was a kid and had to tune in on uhf channel 20 or 50.

OldHillcrestGuy

Still here, they are off to a good start, Semin is on fire, proably wont be too long before Ovie gets on one of his hot streaks. Its the second season (playoffs) that we need to stay hot through, so we arent all disappointed again. I'll be in the stands for next Wednesday's game. GO CAPS

Looks like our division is going to be tougher this year most of the teams are of to a fast start.

R

rhenderson

In my opinion, the CAPS really haven't been doing all that much to warrant posting. However, in spite of what I see as less than optimum play they have been managing to win.

Last year they jump on teams early with a lot of 1st period scoring. This year it seems the 2nd period has seen their best efforts. Lately, such as the last couple of games they are coming on strong in the 3rd - like last night.

If they keep on this way, by mid-season I think we'll see a very good team that just doesn't quit. Whatever happens - it looks like we're in for another exciting year.

I'm not going to let last year's disappointment in the playoff's diminish my enjoyment of this year's regular season.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
In my opinion, the CAPS really haven't been doing all that much to warrant posting. However, in spite of what I see as less than optimum play they have been managing to win.

As compared to the last couple of seasons yes. In addition to their more gritty and defensive style, I'm starting to wonder if this isn't part of a strategy to save themselves and stay healthy for the playoffs (#1 goalie notwithstanding :frown:). Remember some of our best players were pretty beat-up or playing with broken bones the last couple of post-seasons. Whatever, they're figuring out ways to win and that makes me happy!

BuddyLee

Football addict

Last year they jump on teams early with a lot of 1st period scoring. This year it seems the 2nd period has seen their best efforts. Lately, such as the last couple of games they are coming on strong in the 3rd - like last night.

If they keep on this way, by mid-season I think we'll see a very good team that just doesn't quit. Whatever happens - it looks like we're in for another exciting year.

I'm not going to let last year's disappointment in the playoff's diminish my enjoyment of this year's regular season.

You sound a bit lethargic.

Caps are 12-4-0 and lead the entire league. I think that warrants posting in and of itself.

OldHillcrestGuy

Looked good last night against the Sabres.:yay:

Yes they did except for 2 minutes in 2nd period, I was there last night, ROCKING THE RED. Was surprised with the number of Sabre fans at the game, had several in our section. Got really hairy there at the end Neuvirth saved that game for the Caps made some really awesome saves near the end. Varly who? Im afraid he will never be one of the Caps top goalies, he may have been a flash in the pan, he is way to injury prone and then it takes forever for him to get back in shape. :yahoo: Go Caps :yahoo:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Yes they did except for 2 minutes in 2nd period, I was there last night, ROCKING THE RED. Was surprised with the number of Sabre fans at the game, had several in our section. Got really hairy there at the end Neuvirth saved that game for the Caps made some really awesome saves near the end. Varly who? Im afraid he will never be one of the Caps top goalies, he may have been a flash in the pan, he is way to injury prone and then it takes forever for him to get back in shape. :yahoo: Go Caps :yahoo:

This makes me :bawl: I had such high hopes for the young Russian but it's not looking good.