C&O Canal

Gwydion

I'm heading up there to bike it in 2 weekends from now. Has anybody been up there recently? Any info on the path status?

I know they were doing construction around the 23 mile marker not too long ago.

I'm aiming to do it in 2 days. I did it in 3 with the Boy Scouts a long time ago and recall I could've gone a lot farther each day.

bcp

In My Opinion
I did about 30 miles of it a couple weekends ago and the paths were in good shape, some mud in places and crowded but basically in fine shape.
that was from DC up.

Im not sure about further up from that right now but I do know that when Foxhound and I rode it a few years back there was a washout that forced us to ride the streets to get around it.
the detour was like 2 miles straight uphill, then across a short distance to another road, then down hill.
there was a sign at the top of the down hill that said to walk the bike.
I just rode up the damn hill pulling a trailer on the bike, I was getting a ride out of the deal.. Foxhound felt the same way.

should have heard us screaming like little girls at the bottom when we realized that we were going like 100 miles an hour (ok, maybe an exaggeration ) and the road did a 90 degree turn. Somehow we made the turn and did not die in the trees.