C Todd is Part of THE PROBLEM

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Chuck Todd’s recent article in The Atlantic was an insult to the intelligence of those of us who are ordinary voters and avid media consumers. He blames conservative media and their stars for the unprecedented distrust and credibility problems mainstream media outlets face.

That’s right: he thinks millions of Americans loathe and distrust the national press solely because Fox News, Tucker Carlson, and Sean Hannity regularly—and falsely, in his opinion—tell their viewers about the bias in national media. He is being either clueless or dishonest, and it might be a bit of both.

[clip]

Todd says in his article that the public doesn’t fully understand journalistic conventions, and he’s right. We who don’t have pedigreed educations and journalism degrees may not be aware of the minutiae of journalism conventions. But we know the difference between good journalism and bad journalism.

Good journalism follows and investigates truth wherever it may lead, doesn’t have agendas and pre-conceived narratives, and doesn’t try to effect political outcomes. Good journalists present the whole picture to their audience, not a curated version of reality. Bad journalism is the opposite, and we’ve been seeing a surfeit of it in the last few years.

Here’s what even more objectionable: To wear your bias honestly is at least okay, but to present yourself as unbiased purveyors of truth and facts then deceive your consumers with biased coverage is a hundred times worse. According to this argument, I prefer Hannity, as he at least doesn’t pretend to be a journalist and is upfront about being a Trump supporter. But who is keeping Anderson Cooper and his ilk honest? The answer is: no one.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/14/chuck-todd-cant-see-medias-fault-americans-dont-trust/

transporter

Good journalism follows and investigates truth wherever it may lead, doesn’t have agendas and pre-conceived narratives, and doesn’t try to effect political outcomes. Good journalists present the whole picture to their audience, not a curated version of reality. Bad journalism is the opposite, and we’ve been seeing a surfeit of it in the last few years.

Here’s what even more objectionable: To wear your bias honestly is at least okay, but to present yourself as unbiased purveyors of truth and facts then deceive your consumers with biased coverage is a hundred times worse. According to this argument, I prefer Hannity, as he at least doesn’t pretend to be a journalist and is upfront about being a Trump supporter. But who is keeping Anderson Cooper and his ilk honest? The answer is: no one.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/14/chuck-todd-cant-see-medias-fault-americans-dont-trust/

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

This is the most ridiculous piece of drivel you may have ever posted comrade.

WTF is wrong with you and your sources? You whine that Chuck Todd is calling out Fox for not being journalistic. You essentially whine that Chuck Todd basically calls you all clueless for watching propaganda.

You claim to know the difference between good vs bad journalism....THEN PROCLAIM BAD JOURNALISM TO BE BETTER?!?!? :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

It's ok that Hannity lies to you because he's honest about lying to you??? :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

SamSpade

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

This is the most ridiculous piece of drivel you may have ever posted comrade.

WTF is wrong with you and your sources? You whine that Chuck Todd is calling out Fox for not being journalistic. You essentially whine that Chuck Todd basically calls you all clueless for watching propaganda.

You claim to know the difference between good vs bad journalism....THEN PROCLAIM BAD JOURNALISM TO BE BETTER?!?!? :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

It's ok that Hannity lies to you because he's honest about lying to you??? :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

I've mentioned here before that a long time ago, I once called into Sam Donaldson's radio show - when he had one.
As luck would have it, George Will was his guest - as close as I've ever come to talking to political pundits.

The subject was basically - it's ok to be biased - everyone is - but be *FAIR*.
YOU call it lies because you disagree. That's a widely held trait of those on the left.
If it doesn't fit their world view, it's a lie - there's no difference of opinion - one is RIGHT and thereby all others are wrong.

Chris Wallace calls himself left of center - but he runs a Sunday show on FOX.
I am sure every liberal thinks he's a shill for the right, but anyone watching can see - he skewers the left and right with equal aplomb.
If your favorite pundit, scholar or politician appears on his show - and there's a subject or question you hope he won't bring up - he WILL.
Tim Russert was this way too - and he WAS a liberal. But I bet you wouldn't know that. He was FAIR.

Shepard Smith is also a liberal - and he regularly does the news on FOX. Occasionally his opinion slips out - but he's there to be a JOURNALIST - to discuss the news - not promulgate an agenda.

------------------------------------------------------

What makes Todd so ridiculous is - ONE NETWORK somehow is responsible for the low opinion the nation has of the media, and journalism - and HALF the country -

THAT is his answer? "I'm not wrong - tens of millions of people are wrong". Everyone ELSE is wrong.
That's a childish complaint - the kind when a kid says no one at school likes them - because they're all wrong.

I grew up with Walter Cronkite and John Chancellor and Harry Reasoner and the whole bunch. They gave the news. They weren't trying to TELL people what they should think.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Todd has always been a clown. Meanwhile, real journalists at Fox are uncovering more new dirt on the Barry admin and FBI every week that passes. Good times...good times..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is the most ridiculous piece of drivel you may have ever posted ...

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

you still have NO Clue how ignorant this makes YOU look - but hey go on with your bad self

WTF is wrong with you and your sources?
You whine that Chuck Todd is calling out Fox for not being journalistic.
You essentially whine that Chuck Todd basically calls you all clueless for watching propaganda.

too busy ranting you COMPLETELY Miss the POINT [as per usual] - Todd and others in the Progressive Media are not 'reporting the news' They Are passing off OPINION as News

Otherwise this is all YOUR Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

You claim to know the difference between good vs bad journalism .... THEN PROCLAIM BAD JOURNALISM TO BE BETTER?!?!?

That is YOUR Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION on what is Propaganda and what passes for NEWS

It's ok that Hannity lies to you because he's honest about lying to you???

Who :shrug: I have not watched or listened to Vannity in 10 yrs

and Vannity IS NOT A Journalist, Vannity NEVER Claimed to be a Journalist [afaik]

Unlike Todd and others in the Progressive Media

Trump is the RESULT of Distrust of the Media and Establishment Politicians ... not the Reason 1/2 the Country do not trust the Media

Let Me Remind you what you said a while back;

:tantrum

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

:blahblah:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
THAT is his answer? "I'm not wrong - tens of millions of people are wrong". Everyone ELSE is wrong.
That's a childish complaint - the kind when a kid says no one at school likes them - because they're all wrong.

:yay:

if you run into ONE Ass Hat during the day, you ran into ONE Ass Hat ... If EVERYONE you run into is an Ass Hat, you might want to look in the Mirror

or I ALONE See the TRUTH for what it is - You are Too Stupid or Selfish to see the Truth - I am better educated, smarter, more intelligent ...

[notice how Todd's Attitude matches Transporters - that same I know Better than you Dismissive Elitism]

SamSpade

[notice how Todd's Attitude matches Transporters - that same I know Better than you Dismissive Elitism]

This aligns with the premise that the left wing *opinion* carries the weight of *fact*. It's why they so frequently post opinion pieces not as evidence of an expert
on the subject - but as factual. And when someone disputes it - they're lying.

I used to be involved with a woman who was - as I learned over time - EXTREMELY liberal. When I would dispute something with her - I'd ask something
like "you really think your opinion is the only right one?".
"Of course" she'd say "why would I believe in a wrong one?".
Smart person but oblivious to the fact that very many opinions are based on subjective observation and personal experience - and thus are not
tied to the concept of "right" or "wrong". There is no right or wrong with toilet paper going over the top or under the bottom.
That is opinion.

(BTW - I'm an "under" - it prevents toddlers and cats from unraveling an entire roll - which I have experienced - and it discourages
people from SMACKING the top of the roll to dispense a large amount, thus encouraging damage to the roll dispenser).

What makes this strange is - such as in science - in many endeavors many things held to be true today have a legitimate challenge tomorrow.
It's why there's no such thing as settled science - it goes against the very nature of scientific work. Every good theory MUST be disprovable by
something such as an observation. If it is never disprovable, it's no longer science but religion.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I used to be involved with a woman who was - as I learned over time - EXTREMELY liberal. When I would dispute something with her - I'd ask something
like "you really think your opinion is the only right one?".
"Of course" she'd say "why would I believe in a wrong one?".
Smart person but oblivious to the fact that very many opinions are based on subjective observation and personal experience - and thus are not
tied to the concept of "right" or "wrong". There is no right or wrong with toilet paper going over the top or under the bottom.
That is opinion.

OMG... you dated Tranny!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Google got busted when their internal video came out about the weeping and gnashing of teeth post election. Facebook, MSM, universities all leaning so far to the left, it's a wonder they don't topple over.