Cafeprepay

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Just wanted to remind parents that if they do the automatic deposit for the kid's school lunches, make sure it's up to date for the new school year. Oldest came home and said that he only had $4 on his account. I had it set up that $20 was deposited automatically when the account went under $10. I went on-line and both kids' account expired May 2011 for the automatic deposit. I up-dated it until 2013 and put $10 into oldest's account to be on the safe side.

SoMDGirl42

Just wanted to remind parents that if they do the automatic deposit for the kid's school lunches, make sure it's up to date for the new school year. Oldest came home and said that he only had $4 on his account. I had it set up that $20 was deposited automatically when the account went under $10. I went on-line and both kids' account expired May 2011 for the automatic deposit. I up-dated it until 2013 and put $10 into oldest's account to be on the safe side.

Yep. I found out the hard way yesterday. Didn't even think to check it. Made it to school to deposit money while little me was in line for lunch.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yep. I found out the hard way yesterday. Didn't even think to check it. Made it to school to deposit money while little me was in line for lunch.

Me either. I just figured it was continuous until you stopped it. I just hope I remember in time when May 2013 rolls around.

DQ2B

Apparently, cafe prepay is something of a mess. My kid is in a new school and the info has not been updated yet so I can't do anything online. School says it's a cafe prepay problem, info on cafe prepay says the school is supposed to update:twitch:

char64

Login into your cafeprepay account and go to Edit/Delete Student. You delete them from their old school and add them to their new school. It took me awhile to find who to do this too!

FED_UP

Login into your cafeprepay account and go to Edit/Delete Student. You delete them from their old school and add them to their new school. It took me awhile to find who to do this too!

I stopped doing that once I added up all the 2 buck fees for processing over a period of time. Cash after that.

DQ2B

Thanks. It would be nice if the website did not specifically state NOT to add/delete a student already in the system.:rolleyes:

suthrncom4t

We didn't like all the fees either with Cafe prepay. We just added up about how much each kid would need to get thru til winter break & sent a check in for that amount to each school to deposit to their accounts.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
Oh and heaven forbid you don't put money in their account when it get's low. You can best believe that they'll be eating a cheese sammich with no mayo. While all the kids on Hot free lunch mock, tease and make fun of your child for getting a cheese sammich... When yet, you as the honest taxpaying parent are the one having to put money into your childs account (and not the guberment) and you as the honest working parent are the ones paying for those bastages (welfare sucking parents of free lunch kids) lunches.

So not only do we have to pay for every moocher of the system, We as honest taxpaying parents who choose to use Cafe Prepay to help lower the risk of our child getting a cheese sammich have to once again get penalized for using it to make a deposit. :burning:

*disclaimer* this is MY OPINION ONLY!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I agree the $2.50 fee is stupid but I put a high enough dollar amount in the replenish field that depending on how often they buy during the school year, I only get charged it once or twice. Use Cafeprepay more for the peace of mind that they will always have money. I used to give them cash each time they wanted to buy but found it was easier to just use the prepay site.

char64

If you send in a check to the school for lunches, the school deposits it into cafeprepay. You can monitor the amount on-line at no cost to you.