Cal Ripkin

BlackSheep

I can't believe no one has mentioned Cal is one of the new members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. The two-time Most Valuable Player and 19-time All-Star was named on 537 of 545 ballots, garnering 98.5% of the vote.
Way to go Cal, thanks for the memories!! :yay:

BlackSheep said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Cal is one of the new members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. The two-time Most Valuable Player and 19-time All-Star was named on 537 of 545 ballots, garnering 98.5% of the vote.
I can't believe I heard it here first. I saw nothing on the news about it.
Congradulations Iron Man!

As someone who grew up an O's fan in the 1980s and 1990s (and dreamt as a kid of playing shortstop wearing a #8 jersey), I can only say congrats to Cal. There will never be another iron man like you.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BlackSheep said:
Who??

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
SkinkTyree said:
As someone who grew up an O's fan in the 1980s and 1990s (and dreamt as a kid of playing shortstop wearing a #8 jersey), I can only say congrats to Cal. There will never be another iron man like you.

My son pitches and plays shortstop, and he has ALWAYS had the number 8. Ripken is his hero.