California Issues ...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
To Promote Inclusion, California Passes Law Requiring Men To Sit When They Pee

SACRAMENTO, CA — This week, the California State Assembly announced that they have passed a new measure requiring men to demonstrate solidarity with the trans community by sitting when they pee.

"When the state legislature first introduced bill P.33.51T, or the 'Sit Together' Act, I knew we had to make this happen," said California Governor Gavin Newsom. "I mean, I've never once peed standing up - but as always, I am the exception that proves the rule of bigotry."

glhs837

Power with Control
You should know it's all up to the machine designer; didn't you arrange for the Corona fridge to run 5 degrees high?
(Or aren't you trusted with critical infrastructure?)

Thats just ensuring that authentic Mexican beer experience. Like room temp Guinness

herb749

I'm watching energy news from CA this morning about transformers exploding because of high heat and power outages. Isn't this the same state that wants all electric vehicles in the next 10 yrs. Will the state become one giant solar panel to accomplish it .

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Will the state become one giant solar panel to accomplish it .

Or Wind Farm

The American Wind Energy Association, representing wind power generators, assures the public that owners are contractually obligated to take them down at their own cost and that their salvage value will pay for the cost of doing so.

That sounds great, but turns out to be more hopeful than accurate. Wind farm operators have overestimated routinely the salvage value of their windmills and underestimated the costs of removal. Moreover, the windmills do not last a generation, so the cost comes sooner than expected. States like Texas, home to something like a quarter of all the nation’s wind farms, are beginning to pass laws requiring that the owners budget funds to decommission them when the time comes.

The problem is that wind farm operators have routinely overestimated the salvage value of their windmills and underestimated the costs involved in removing them to get permitted jurisdictions to lower how much they are required to put aside.

Many permit applications assume a decommissioning cost of less than $100,000 per turbine, but recent experience suggests the cost is more realistically something like $400,000-$500,000, and in many cases the funds for this simply aren’t likely to be available. There are roughly 60,000 wind turbines operating in this country today and that number may double in the next few years. Multiplying that number by half a million each over the next decade will add up to a huge expense.

Major operators like Duke Energy with deep pockets may still be able to meet the expense of decommissioning out-of-date windmills, but small operators that have persuaded permitting jurisdictions to lower how much they are required to put aside may be tempted to simply walk away leaving the landowners with a mess.

The main problem seems to be the blades which can be 300 feet long and unrecyclable. They have to be broken down, cut into sections and carted off at great expense to a landfill that will take them — if one can be found. Because of their bulk, many landfills are simply refusing to take them, a problem exacerbated by the fact that they can take hundreds of years to break down, creating a new and ongoing environmental problem.

The alternative is to simply abandon the outmoded turbines as several operators in Hawaii and California have already done, lay the costs on the so-far unsuspecting public, or find some way to use the unrecyclable materials in the blades for other purposes.

SamSpade

Prices will rise, automation will increase, starter jobs will vanish.
I *HATE* those self-serve kiosks at McDonald's. If you're ordering for a group of people - it can take all day to figure it out.

How do I deal with it? I don't. I go somewhere else. You know it's one thing to go to say, a movie counter or concession counter and order ONE THING - like a ticket - but it's quite another to order five people's lunches where just to add fries, you have to back up, change, delete and re-order.

SamSpade

It's interesting how fast food job fillers have changed over the years.

When I was a kid, it was most teenagers first job. Then later more 20-somthings and convicts. Later still, more retirees.
Statistically - it's still pretty much a kid's job, although managers will and should be older. It's also easier for people to own and operate their own franchises than it used to be.

The overwhelming portion of minimum wage earners are teens and college aged kids, and most of those jobs are in fast food.

SamSpade

Fair Enough ... ordering for yourself however .... flash through, your food comes to you
IF - you can deal with the surly counter person who wants nothing to do with filling your order, even AFTER you used their machine.

Almost makes me want us to return to the 40's with the automats.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Almost makes me want us to return to the 40's with the automats.

I would prefer that ... this could be the future ... a couple of cooks, a drone [ low IQ Worker ] restocking the cubbie holes or maybe automated restocking from the grill area

herb749

The Rossen guy that does the money saving reports had one this morning on solar panels. Said the cost was around 20K to do a section of roof. Then was talking about you can get a govt rebate on them. Most govt rebates come off your taxes which means you don't get the full amount. At the end it was stated it would take 20 yrs to recoup your money. He failed to mention depending on the age of your roof it would need to be replaced before that. So those panels would need to come down and then put back up at more expense to the homeowner. Then of course the holes they drill to mount them could cause the roof to leak & fail.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

California Teachers' Union Caught Spying on Parents

ReOpen California Schools has been fighting since June of 2020 for the return of California’s students to in-person learning, and to ensure that children receive a safe and quality education with parents involved in the process. This has not been without opposition, as RedState has documented here, here, and here.

The educational oligarchy known as the California Teachers Association (CTA) claims to be “dedicated in the fight for equal access, justice, and resources for all of California’s students, teachers, and classrooms.”

Parents are not included in this camp meeting, and this has been evident in the targeting of parents and parents’ groups from CTA and its counterpart in the state’s largest district, the United Teachers of Los Angeles (UTLA).

ReOpen California Schools submitted a public records request that has struck gold. Records of emails between a CTA researcher and union-related activists show that while ReOpen California Schools and other organizations like Let Them Breathe were in the midst of their fight to reopen the schools to in-person learning without the restrictions of masks or the threat of vaccine mandates, CTA tasked a researcher to spy on one particular parent group in San Diego.

In case you don’t remember, California was dead last in the nation to reopen schools following the pandemic. Much of the reason for this? The teachers’ unions and their demands of perpetual masking of children, rapid testing of asymptomatic children and faculty, teacher hazard pay, and, oh yeah… provisions for activism and climate advocacy.

You cannot make this stuff up.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member