California Issues ...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘We’re Not Asking, We’re Telling You’: Black Activist Demands $350,000 For Each Black CA Resident

“It’s a debt that’s owed, we worked for free,” he demanded while speaking at Oakland’s city hall. “We’re not asking, we’re telling you.”

“The tangibles of what I’m asking for is $350,000 per black American in California that’s tangible, small business grant $250,000, and land 15-20 acres,” he added.

The task force is considering five areas in which it claims black Americans have been harmed: the government taking property, the supposed devaluation of businesses owned by blacks, alleged mass incarceration, health, and housing issues. Its recommendations to the California Legislature must be delivered by July 1.

“It is important to get this right because we are setting the precedent for other states and localities, and also for the federal government as well,” Kamilah V. Moore, the chair of the committee, said Wednesday.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

‘We’re Not Asking, We’re Telling You’: Black Activist Demands $350,000 For Each Black CA Resident

“It’s a debt that’s owed, we worked for free,” he demanded while speaking at Oakland’s city hall. “We’re not asking, we’re telling you.”

“The tangibles of what I’m asking for is $350,000 per black American in California that’s tangible, small business grant $250,000, and land 15-20 acres,” he added.

The task force is considering five areas in which it claims black Americans have been harmed: the government taking property, the supposed devaluation of businesses owned by blacks, alleged mass incarceration, health, and housing issues. Its recommendations to the California Legislature must be delivered by July 1.

“It is important to get this right because we are setting the precedent for other states and localities, and also for the federal government as well,” Kamilah V. Moore, the chair of the committee, said Wednesday.

Where do they plan on giving these people 15-20 acres of land? Especially in the Bay Area or LA and other high-density areas? Or will they offer it way out in the boonies where they cannot make a living? 350k can only last so long, especially after daily living expenses and property taxes. So, what happens when they lose their "free" land? Cry foul - again? The man took it away - again?

Gawd, these people... :rolleyes:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Where do they plan on giving these people 15-20 acres of land? Especially in the Bay Area or LA and other high-density areas? Or will they offer it way out in the boonies where they cannot make a living? 350k can only last so long, especially after daily living expenses and property taxes. So, what happens when they lose their "free" land? Cry foul - again? The man took it away - again?

Gawd, these people... :rolleyes:
They'll find a way to make the ultra-rich give up their homes and move right in.

"We're moving on UUUPPPPP!!!"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They'll find a way to make the ultra-rich give up their homes and move right in.

"We're moving on UUUPPPPP!!!"
Well, that is the Dems way. The ultra-rich ones should be happy to forfeit their homes and go buy something smaller.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yep.

Bernie can give up two of his.
Another question. Does this 15-20 acres come with a house, or just land? Who's going to foot the cost of a house being built? Is that part of their package in addition to the 350k?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Another question. Does this 15-20 acres come with a house, or just land? Who's going to foot the cost of a house being built? Is that part of their package in addition to the 350k?
That's $350k PER PERSON. A family of 6 would be multi-millionaires. They can build their own houses.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They won't be building them in California for $350k, unless it's a 12'x14' shed from Lowes.

:lmao:
My Dad's old house where I lived for about 7 years. He sold in 1994. I believe it's about a 1/4 acre lot.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My Dad's old house where I lived for about 7 years. He sold in 1994. I believe it's about a 1/4 acre lot.

Wow.

Can't keep secrets from your neighbors around there. Must be all of six feet to the house next door. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The fifth house to the right was one of my BFFs house. They didn't have the pool back them. The two cul-de-sacs behind our properties used to be a small farm.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I just looked at my parent's 1st place. Dad bought it for $11k. Now valued at $550k. Not the same increases as California, but still eye-opening.

Grumpy

Betty White/Allen Ludden built their house on 3/4 acre in the 60s for $170k. The house just sold for $10.5mil and, of course, the house was razed so another house could be built.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Betty White/Allen Ludden built their house on 3/4 acre in the 60s for $170k. The house just sold for $10.5mil and, of course, the house was razed so another house could be built.
Yikes! But not surprised. My Grandparents lived in the same Palm Springs neighborhood as Bob Hope and Ginger Rogers. Can't imagine what all that is now worth.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The home I spent the first half of my childhood in was knocked down in 2010 and they put up a 5 bed, 7 bath, 7500 Sq. Ft. mansion the appraised for $2.2mil in 2014.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Black actor blasts $223,000 reparations payments suggested by California commission - says cash will 'go right back to Cadillac and Mercedes Benz'

• In a new interview, actor Faizon Love blasted the idea of black people receiving $223,000 in reparations money
  • Love said that people will use the money on luxury cars such as Cadillacs and Mercedes
  • His comments come as California's reparations task force wrapped up two days of meetings and public hearings in Oakland
  • An economic study funded by the task force established that the maximum culpability for the state of California would be $223,000 per person
  • In his interview, Love floated the idea that rather than be given a cash settlement, black people should be tax exempt for life

The Meteor Man star said: 'F*** that. That's another trick man, because that money's gonna go right back to Cadillac and right back to [Mercedes] Benz.'

The chair of the task force handling the reparations issue, Kamilah V. Moore, said in an interview Tuesday that the $223,000 figure being reported was not simply the amount of money that would be handed out but represented the state of California's 'maximum culpability' per person.

She also criticized the fact that reparations only apply to any persons who faced housing discrimination between 1933-1972 and not just black people.

In his interview, Love went on to offer an alternative to monetary reparations - suggesting that black people should be tax exempt for life.

The Cuban-born actor referred to slaves being treated as 'tax write-offs' during the Civil War.

He also brought up the fact that the federal income tax was initiated by the US government in order to pay for the Civil War.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Instagram v. reality! San Francisco unveils taxpayer-funded open-air Christmas market that's become dystopian hellhole after being besieged by city's famed druggies

• A video reveals San Francisco's downtown Christmas market to not be so festive
  • The video was posted onto social media channels by a concerned SF resident
  • It shows drug paraphernalia and people sleeping rough in close proximity
  • Promo videos tell a different story making the event out to be 'family friendly'
  • A resident who lives in the area said she has felt forced out because of addicts
  • 'Winter Wanderland Holiday Village' is close to the now closed Tenderloin center