Caligula's HORSE???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Race for Most Creative and Vulgar Attack on Sarah Palin just got a whole lot tougher, if you can imagine that.

washingtonpost.com

One of the great sights of American political life -- a YouTube moment if ever there was one -- was to see the doughboy face of Newt Gingrich as he extolled the virtues of Sarah Palin, a sitcom of a vice presidential choice and a disaster movie if she moves up to the presidency: "She's the first journalist ever to be nominated, I think, for the president or vice president, and she was a sportscaster on local television," Gingrich said on the "Today" show. "So she has a lot of interesting background. And she has a lot of experience. Remember that, when people worry about how inexperienced she is, for two years she's been in charge of the Alaska National Guard."

It's a pity Gingrich was not around when the Roman Emperor Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, better known by his nickname Caligula, reputedly named Incitatus as a consul and a priest. Incitatus was his horse.

So now, Sarah Palin is a horse.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

That man is just a mean, nasty elitist.

...let's not say 'just' as though he is somehow a lonely, bitter person. he has friends. On the same page:

washingtonpost.com

and...

washingtonpost.com

Three editorials on the same page, today, of the Post, about what is WRONG with Sarah Palin. She's a horse, she's a fraud and she is wrong to teach abstinence and thrust her family into the harsh glare of the media.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
she is wrong to teach abstinence and thrust her family into the harsh glare of the media.

Well maybe the media could learn some manners and respect. I don't think they realize that this line seems like an admission of guilt on their part.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Well maybe the media could learn some manners and respect. I don't think they realize that this line seems like an admission of guilt on their part.

Don't blame me for robbing you - blame you for having the money.

I think that about sums it up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's worse than...

Don't blame me for robbing you - blame you for having the money.

I think that about sums it up.

...that. Imagine, if you will, 'reporters' wondering if Joe Biden is up to the job were he to have a Downs baby.

Imagine, if you will, if Joe had a 17 year old who was with child and unmarried and ANYONE uttered a peep about it suggesting that somehow Joe was less fit.

I mean, I think if McCain walked out there and said to these vultures "Relax. I'm gonna cut her salary by a third" they would erupt in applause.

They're eating their own ideology. They're saying, with their pistol to their own temple "Don't laugh, pal. You're next!"