Call for end to fighting over Darwin's legacy.....

foodcritic

I thought you were being sarcastically facetious. :lol: If not, okay.

This thread is dumber than foodcritic's (which I do intend to return to, later).

And I do not agree with calling T_P a retard; hardheaded, maybe, but not retarded.

I am glad there is someone dummmmmber than me.....:killingme

That is a great answer BTW to to make ones point...

foodcritic

Evolution does not include where the stuff evoloving came from.

I was merely pointing that out.

"Look! There's a single cell of life!! We don't know where it came from, but I'll bet it'll have all of the information in it to evolve into every living thing there ever was - yet if there's not enough DNA in some of that follow on stuff, it'll die away......"

You know where it came from....of the back of a crystals....don't you know that!! Or maybe it came from space or the space seeds mated with the crystals and then TIME+Temp+H2O = slimy life

add a little more time and VOILA...here we are!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I watched...

... a fascinating "Nova" documentary last night concerning evolution v. ID. They spotlighted a PA case from 2005(?) where a local schoolboard tried to incorporate ID into the curriculum under the guise of it having comparable scientific validity alongside evolution.

They had some interesting courtroom recreations of both evolutionist and ID believers' testimonies, as well as scientific breakdowns of the more important points.

I won't relay the entire story, but I think it would be a good view for anyone whose mind is not already closed on the topic - so you may want to watch for it on the local public television channels. :yay:

This_person

... a fascinating "Nova" documentary last night concerning evolution v. ID. They spotlighted a PA case from 2005(?) where a local schoolboard tried to incorporate ID into the curriculum under the guise of it having comparable scientific validity alongside evolution.

They had some interesting courtroom recreations of both evolutionist and ID believers' testimonies, as well as scientific breakdowns of the more important points.

I won't relay the entire story, but I think it would be a good view for anyone whose mind is not already closed on the topic - so you may want to watch for it on the local public television channels. :yay:
Did it change your mind in any way, or open it more broadly?