Call for help

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I know you guys have helped with stuff before, and i'm asking for some help now.

It has just come to my attention that the child of a volunteer for Horse Science School won't be able to attend (it starts next week) because her family has had several major financial issues. This student's mom is one of the motivating forces behind Horse Science School, and it would be a shame if she couldn't go this year!

so i'm asking for donations to horse science school one more time. the fee per student is only 250 for the entire week, so even a small amount will help send her to the camp, which is completely volunteer based, from start to finish, instructors and all.

any help you all could provide would be appreciated!!

The Southern Maryland Horse Council (SMHC) is a non-profit, volunteer group that sponsors education in the Equestrian community. Our big annual event is a four (4) day Horse Science School (HSS) for children ages 8 to 18. Our annual HSS is produced strictly at the cost it takes to produce. We do not make a profit at this event. Our goal is to keep SMHC's HSS at a reasonable rate that families can afford to send their children.

Due to the ever rising cost of things in our economy, we are surveying our local community seeking donations that will help in producing an educational equestrian eniviroment at this years SMHC HSS. Cash donations or material donations will help us meet our goal of producing a HSS that students can enjoy.

Our annual HSS is focused on helping students improve in their riding ability and introduce various tactics so that they ride smoothly and safely with their horse. HSS is produced by an encouraging group of volunteer adults. All activities and instructions that are offered at the annual SMHC HSS is provided by various encouraging and talented volunteers. SMHC will encounter financial cost for elements of putting on this event such as:
· Rental of the Grounds of the Equestrian Center, Upper Marlboro, MD
· Stall Rental to keep the horses at the stable at the Equestrian Center
· Food for the meals supplied to the students
· Insurance for the four day event
· Supplies for the crafts the students make
· Office supplies such as paper, pens and name tags, etc
· Etc.

Our next SMHC HSS will be held July 10-13, 2006, Monday thru Thursday at the Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD.

Sponsors assisting SMHC with a donation, will be provided with:
· a tax deductible receipt that you can keep for your records
· we will provide a sponsorship program brochure at our SMHC HSS that will acknowledge your sponsorship of this event.

If you are able to offer SMHC with a donation, please send it to:

SMHC Treasurer
5400 Hole Shot Place
Pomfret, MD 20675

Hules

Curly locks!
My little sister is going to the horse science school next week! May I ask who you are referring to?

K

Kain99

My Neices attend every year. I know how important camp is! I'll be happy to send a donation. :huggy:

K

Kain99

Just noticed.... Is there a quicker way to get the money there other than U.S. Mail? :huggy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Ms Murphy wasn't specific with a name When she called me to give me the final details for my little one (this is her first year attending) and i asked if specific clubs had sent a donation, but i'm thinking it's susan's child....based on previous conversations. kain99, can you send it with your nieces?

W

WildHorses

happyappygirl said:
Ms Murphy wasn't specific with a name When she called me to give me the final details for my little one (this is her first year attending) and i asked if specific clubs had sent a donation, but i'm thinking it's susan's child....based on previous conversations. kain99, can you send it with your nieces?

Let us know at the end of the day what's still needed (and don't say all of it). :killingme Seriously, RA would be happy to help or partly sponsor, just PM me with the details. :flowers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
That's very sweet of you!
I'll let you know tomorrow night after the first day if i can schlep myself to the computer when i get home that is....:lol:
we missed you friday night :biggrin: