Called for an interview - PSA

PrepH4U

I feel the need to put this out there as there as a PSA. It has come to my attention that a Company is advertising for an Aerospace Mechanical Engineer here on somd. People please make sure if you are contacted for an interview that you ask them what the current work backlog is. How long current owner/management has been in place. If they plan to hire immediately or just in case. How many customers do they have and are currently able to invoice. They can promise the moon but may not be able to make payroll. Please research the company you are interested in, just as they research you.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Many companies recruit based on future contracts. They are bidding on work and need resumes to prove technical competency. I don't know if that is the case here. A good company will tell you up front they are bidding and don't have the contract in hand.

PrepH4U

Many companies recruit based on future contracts. They are bidding on work and need resumes to prove technical competency. I don't know if that is the case here. A good company will tell you up front they are bidding and don't have the contract in hand.

I agree Monello that happens a lot and most companies are up front about that. I am posting about an issue of job security and joining a company who may not have the funds to even meet payroll. There is one that I know of personally that is trying to stay afloat but still is recruiting new employees because most of the trained technical staff has left or been laid off.