Calming Supplements

jamesbond007

Does anyone have any ideas on good calming supplements?
I was using Quietex, but they stopped selling it... SOOOO, now rebel's been a little stupid..
:otter:

Thanks!

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I was using Quietex, but they stopped selling it... SOOOO, now rebel's been a little stupid..

Thanks!

if you go on to smartpak.com and click shop equine then equine supplements and click calming supplements. they have a whole bunch and it should give you some ideas

fuglyhorse

Thanks!

Quietex has valerian root in it as do these products that you may want to try:

Equine Relax Blend
Confidence Plus
Confidence Plus Gold
Easy Mare

FYI: Valerian root is listed as a banned substance. If you perform at rated shows and you are at risk of being tested, stop feeding valerian root at least 3-5 days before your show date.

erinjograves

I didnt know you had Rebel on a calming supplement! Wow! I hope you find a solution that works for you! Good Luck! (Calm and Cool might work - it didnt for Miss Majic, made her a loon. But other people say they like it!)

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

Thanks!

I have a whole box of Quitetex I was going to sell on ebay...make me a per tube offer...

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Quietex has valerian root in it as do these products that you may want to try:

Equine Relax Blend
Confidence Plus
Confidence Plus Gold
Easy Mare

FYI: Valerian root is listed as a banned substance. If you perform at rated shows and you are at risk of being tested, stop feeding valerian root at least 3-5 days before your show date.

Horse rufie?! :jet:

Sparks

Ex-Stress
Quiessence

Are two that I've heard worked on some horses and are legal to show on.

ElliesMom

why would you ride a horse you have to give a 'calming' suppliment to?

I can definately understand a little in a stressful situation, but to have a horse on a maintenance dose or able to go to a show?

Robin

I can definately understand a little in a stressful situation, but to have a horse on a maintenance dose or able to go to a show?

Some put their horses on calm and cool, quietex or other maintenance products to keep the animal a little more relaxed in stressful enviroments. They choose to do this when a horse has extreme capabilities at home and in small get togethers but when they take them to extremely busy and over crowded enviroments. Shows as MSA or Mounted Wanderers, It can stress a horse out to not be as focused. Trailoring with unfamiliar horses, traffic, an ambulance or fire truck passing the trailer, rushing to an emergency. These products can make a horse safer to handle an be around.

Some horses matabolizims (sp) are simular to humans. With all the natural products out there and everyone trying it for themselves like, ginko, for memory, etc, there is also help for animals. We are learning more every day
B1 Thiaman vitamin works best in calming horses. The race track trainers use Liquid "Thia cal" Helps keep the horses focused in the race track hussle bussle, There are alot of just B-1 suppliments out there that will also help the right side so to speak of the brain for horses.

Quietex was removed temporarily, or for good from the market. not sure yet.
Good Luck in finding the right alternative

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL

Some horses just like people can't handle stressful situations. They may be calm and laid back at home or under most normal circumstances. However, if something stressful occurs, or the rider is stressed that will send the horse over the edge.

I had a horse like that, recently sold him. I just couldn't deal with that type of horse anymore. I wanted to enjoy my ride, not worrying that something might stress it out. My new horse is wonderful, and if he spooks it is very short, and not bad.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Some horses just like people can't handle stressful situations. They may be calm and laid back at home or under most normal circumstances. However, if something stressful occurs, or the rider is stressed that will send the horse over the edge.

I had a horse like that, recently sold him. I just couldn't deal with that type of horse anymore. I wanted to enjoy my ride, not worrying that something might stress it out. My new horse is wonderful, and if he spooks it is very short, and not bad.

Glad you have the right guy now. Sorry you had to sell your other one, but it sounds like it is a perfect match. I saw him on the website. Looks like you will be able to do alot of different disciplines with him. Congrats. :yahoo:

FrmGrl

Get some!
Yes my horse is on RelaxHer Blend and she is much better for it. OTTB's can be high stess horses anyway and this just helps her chill a little. They have Relax blend for horses and a non valerian root blend as well. I use Smarpak, their website is a wealth of knowledge. Good luck.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Glad you have the right guy now. Sorry you had to sell your other one, but it sounds like it is a perfect match. I saw him on the website. Looks like you will be able to do alot of different disciplines with him. Congrats. :yahoo:

The pictures don't even do him any justice. He is absolutely beautiful in person. His coat is so shiny, and he is a total gentleman. We were doing flying lead changes today while schooling. To change his lead I just turn my shoulders the direction i want to go. It is great.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Is there any correlation between horses on "calming supplements" and horse owners on "calming supplements"???

Sparks

Is there any correlation between horses on "calming supplements" and horse owners on "calming supplements"???

I can think of a few people that the calming agent should be taken by the rider and not the horse. That includes me on occasion. :whistle: