Calvert Dog Attack / Woman Critical

mitzi

If I may ...

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2018/06/back-to-back-near-fatal-dogo-argentino-attacks.html

So, ah, Chris and Dannyboy and warenutz, you still think these breeds are harmless? As long as they are raised properly? Like this one was. How many more people, including children, and infants, must die horrible maulings until their bodies bleed out, before you change your tune? When it happens to you, maybe?

I also read they are big game hunters and can bring down a wild boar. Just what I want for family pet, a dog that can take down a wild boar. I had a horrible experience with two pits trying to take down my 100 pound Shepard/Husky mix. Had they gotten him on the ground, I'm sure he would have been killed. They tore him up pretty bad, going for his throat. It took him a long time to heal and go outside by himself again.

Lilypad

I have responded to several EMS dog attack/bite calls in 14 yrs., the worse was a child of 5 yrs. and the other-an elderly woman of 78, who passed from her injuries. Neither dog was Dogo Argentino breed, an American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. One dog was mixed breed hound/Shepherd the other a mixed breed Boxer/Collie. Both dog owners were not on site at the time of the attacks; both dogs were food aggressive-that's how the attacks started, and escalated to a full-on attack.
I have only read the articles about this recent fatal attack; I cannot fathom the fear and helplessness of the victim. Jenna Stuphin was a petite, beautiful young woman; may she rest in peace.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Her last picture post on Facebook. June 18th.
Jenna.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/jenna.sutphin.5

frequentflier

happy to be living
I listened to it all go down on the scanner. When the dispatcher was given the house number they thought the dog came from, the dispatcher responded there was a previous dog bite complaint from that house.

What a horrible thing to happen. May the lovely young woman rest in peace.

black dog

Free America
I listened to it all go down on the scanner. When the dispatcher was given the house number they thought the dog came from, the dispatcher responded there was a previous dog bite complaint from that house.

What a horrible thing to happen. May the lovely young woman rest in peace.

That right there is part of the problem. That dog should have been destroyed shortly after the first bite.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Who do you think should breed dogs?

These types of dogs, dogos? or whatever, bully type breeds, cross breeds, pit bull type bully terriers, pit bulls, all should be banned from breeding and banned from ownership. Any currently alive dogs of these types should be put down as soon as possible, or laws enacted that they be kept chained, muzzled, when out and about, kept in enclosed pens allowing for free roaming at their home, until their death. If any current type dog injures or kills a human, the owner is tried as if they did the act themselves and to prison they go. Any of these type currently in any shelter of humane society, should be immediately put down and never to be put out for adoption ever again. So answering your question. No one should be allowed to ever breed these types of dogs ever again.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...

These types of dogs, dogos? or whatever, bully type breeds, cross breeds, pit bull type bully terriers, pit bulls, all should be banned from breeding and banned from ownership. Any currently alive dogs of these types should be put down as soon as possible, or laws enacted that they be kept chained, muzzled, when out and about, kept in enclosed pens allowing for free roaming at their home, until their death. If any current type dog injures or kills a human, the owner is tried as if they did the act themselves and to prison they go. Any of these type currently in any shelter of humane society, should be immediately put down and never to be put out for adoption ever again. So answering your question. No one should be allowed to ever breed these types of dogs ever again.

Well you answered a question, not mine, but a question. My question is still who should be breeding dogs? The Amish? Puppy mills?

officeguy

Who do you think should breed dogs?

Dogo argentinos, and pitbulls ? Nobody should be breeding them. We've got plenty of them to last us for a long time.

Other than that, breeders should be tied in with a breed association that has as a system to test dogs and the power to sanction breeders if they put out a bad product. This exists for some hunting dog breeds. If a breeder puts out dog-aggressive or man-aggressive animals, they lose their ability to get puppies registered.