Calvert Restaurant Week-Feb 21++

Hessian

Calvert County Tourism, MD - Official Website - Restaurant Week

Um,...do I need to subscribe to the Recorder,....or call each of these restaurants just to find out what their "special" is?

I like the website, but like obama on a good day: it tells me nothing, offers no benefits, and will possibly cost more than what I was hoping.

SO: experiences from last year might be helpful.
Anybody have recommendations?
Anybody know of some great food @ great prices?
All hype?

Freefaller

Not any deal

Um,...do I need to subscribe to the Recorder,....or call each of these restaurants just to find out what their "special" is?

I like the website, but like obama on a good day: it tells me nothing, offers no benefits, and will possibly cost more than what I was hoping.

SO: experiences from last year might be helpful.
Anybody have recommendations?
Anybody know of some great food @ great prices?
All hype?

I read a recent article on what restaurants do to get you to spend more $ (rip-off is too strong a term here), but "restaurant weeks" were high on the list of things to avoid!

Hessian

Well that is Unfortunate...

I remember years ago when restaurants in Calvert were hurting at this time of year because the lack of tourism,....so they went out of their way to offer specials (2 for 1...free appetizer...20% of Bill)-all to get customers.

Now they offer pricey "specials" or simply enjoy some free advertizing?

So, should I take my business over the bridge that week in protest of the "Hype?"

I'd rather enjoy a Calvert Restaurant if they have some incentive! Who is offering an enjoyable feast?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Did you even look at the link you provided? It shows specials, including prices. What additional information are you looking for?

Hessian

Links...

OK Chasey...
I made the assumption that the Menu link was to their regular offering...

Wrong: it lists what their special is.

Some look decently priced, others: a bit ridiculous (Fish taco & a wedge of pie for 19.00?)

Now I will go through a bit more carefully. By the way,...the map feature was helpful!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Some look decently priced, others: a bit ridiculous (Fish taco & a wedge of pie for 19.00?)
Agree. Stoney's has a petite crab cake w/2 sides for $18. That's a fair deal.

Some of the "specials" are not so special.

Restaurant Week in DC is usually in August and they offer really good values.

Cruiserchick

Specials

The specials at some of the restaurants are great. Bet you can't get reservations
at Dry Dock or at the new Striped Rock. Most places, New York City, San Francisco have Restaurant Weeks during the slower seasons so I don't believe Calvert is doing anything underhanded. The good restaurants will be full even without St. Mary's residents.

We did a couple of the restaurants last year and enjoyed ourselves very much. Especially Mama Lucia in Prince Frederick. Fair pricing, good food, and last year they had a drawing for some prizes. Each participating restaurant, you received an entry into a prize drawing.