Calvert Sheriff Race

Crashtest80

Every one is talking about St Mary's in here lets here some about CALVERT, cus you know it is going to be a blood bath to the end.........oh yeah my choice is ANYBODY BUT :barf: BARTLETT!!!!!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
What's to say?

Bartlett's not getting my vote and if the other four candidates that I wondered about in a previous thread don't get some info out, it will be narrowed down to two, at which point, on election day...I'll toss a coin.

O

OJsGuilty

I'm also not sure on who to vote for. I've been hearing that the Calvert County police are actually happy with Mr. Bartlett and are endorsing him. Most were not happy that he was forced upon Calvert County but I believe he's been doing an alright job. Does anyone know about the other candidates?

Boogieman117

A Busy Busy Guy
BARTLETT has my vote.

He was with me and everyone else Fire/EMS in Calvert when the tornadoe blew through. He helped keep things straight during an confusing time.

But, i'm talking out my ass, I can't vote anyway :frown:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Don't know nuttin' about em...

It's EXTREMELY frustrating that these candidates don't provide us with any more info about themselves than a big 'ol sign stuck by the road...

As a graphic designer, I'm just gonna pick the one whose sign looks the best if I can't find out anything more about them before the primaries... ARRGGH!

O

OJsGuilty

:biggrin:
------and who's sign brings out your artistic feelings?

Crashtest80

The information will be out soon....keep lookin in th papers. I am sure there will be some forums soon!!!!

Bartlett NEEDS TO GO...........

S

Super64

In his book, L. A. Justice-Lessons After The Firestorm, Robert Vernon, in summary talked of the growing political manipulation of law and law enforcement. He warned of its affects on the quality of life of our nation and its peoples. Nationwide, police officers are marginalized, discouraged and incredibly handled quite neatly by a system that seeminlgy isn't interested in the victim or in discouraging those who create victims-the criminal.

I think this Sheriffs race not about a personality, but a persona; is about character, principle, integrity, ethics and most importantly, vitally-leadership. It has little to do with politics-or politicians, or theorists who think they know everything, and most importantly, a cop's job or what that job does to his or her heart over the years. Reality is too unpleasant and they would much rather poison the well with their uninformed theory. Leadership is not about votes.

Our Sheriffs Department is unique, and simultaneously like every other agency that regulates human behavior-protecting others against those who feel no hesitancy to prey upon you or me. This process of electing a leader of this agency should be non-partisan: we have seen what the last year has wrought.

The real issues have not been broached, have never been broached since I have lived here, and are vital to the safety and security of this community. Were I to run and be elected Sheriff, it would be about leadership, enforcement and service. If I were to run for Sheriff, here are just some of my ideas, if we are to be the guarantor of this beautiful county and its quality of life. I implore the next Sheriff to consider:

1. Merit, Merit, Merit, Merit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Complete state audit of all assets
3. CALEA certification immediately http://www.calea.org
4. Mandatory A.A. Degree for entry level, B.S Degree for Sergeant, Masters for Division commander.
5. Annual Physical Readiness Test identical to that of the U. S. Army, for everyone to include the Sheriff.
6. Traffic Enforcement and Investigations Branch
7. DUI Enforcement Branch
8. Intelligence Unit that collects, analyzes, produces and disseminates information that drives enforcement and service effort.
9. Joint Tri-county Aviation Unit that supports ground efforts from the air, 24-7-365.
10. A Reserve Officer Program that has 35 Reserve Deputies patterned after Tucson, Los Angeles City and Washington DC Police.
11. Community Services Officers(Civilians) non-enforcement tasks and services response.
12. Crisis Unit (Civilians) that responds to after action Domestic and Critical Incident situations as referred by on-scene deputies.
13. A SWAT Team that has up to the minute equipment and funds so they never have to be without. We have a Nuclear facilityand an impending LP Gas operation, there is no excuse for less than excellence in all things tactical. Proficiency means life. Underfunding and politics means death.
14. A robust Police Athletic League tha opens an unbroken commo link between children and deputies.

Crashtest80

super 64 who are you

Man that sure sounds good to me.....now lets see you put all that past the board of commisioners .....haha have fun trying.......

Oh yeah does anyone know where i can get one of those ANYBODY BUT BARTLETT bumper stickers at???

S

Super64

Calver Sheriff Race

I've only hearsay evidence of the bumper stickers. Haven't seen one, and if I did acquire one it would be kept as a novelty only. To me, it's poor taste to display something like that. I'm not a Bartlett-ette, don't go there. This county needs a professional in the Office of Sheriff now.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Anybody know anything about Mike Evans, who's also running for sheriff?

Oh, and just for OJsGuilty –
After evaluating all the campaign signs on Rt. 2/4, here's my "artistic" verdict:
- Bartlett's are ugly, but well-designed: black letters on a gold background are the most visible combination to use on a sign, so his stand out among the others just because of the garish gold sign material. Kindof like "reverse psychology" advertising, where the ad is so bad or so tacky you remember it. Ugly font for "BARTLETT"...
- Mike Evans – patriotic red, white & blue, nice font and layout, but not particularly exciting and/or eye-catching...
- Leslie ? – so unmemorable, I even forgot the last name!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sierra39
Anybody know anything about Mike Evans, who's also running for sheriff?

Not really, but the way it looks, he's winning in my coin toss. :lol: I don't pay attention to campaign signs. They really don't tell much about a candidate except that they have money for big signs. I do get a kick out of the way some of the signs are posted --someone will put up their sign and someone else will come along running for the same office with a bigger sign. :lol: Gives me a good chuckle while driving. :wink:

Last edited:
S

Super64

I like Mike Evans' background and his recent quotes in the media. It shows him to be honorable, self-controlled and mission focused; earning his way in dignity from his days as a road trooper to his medical retirement.

The Washington Post inferred that he was profitting on his last name (parential legacies). I think that assertion, unqualified by the Post in their article borders on defamation. Secondly, no matter what has been aimed at him in the media, he continues no keep the high ground and not indignify himself by responding to seemingly scurilous comments. Character is a big issue for me in law enforcement and public life. I am tracking that aspect of these candidates, and Mike is the favorite.

Mike's Dad was indeed a Deputy Superintendent of the Maryland State Police. and if you have seen Mike's website at http:wwww.evansforsheriff.com, it is very articluate that he hasn't rode a coat-tail; he has profited from his own merit and like Machiavelli implores, ".....earn their reputation from their virtues..." Mike is that man by preponderence of the evidence.

One last thing, no matter how the information in the media continues to be unverified and purported as fact, Mike Evans has been and continues to be a state certified police officer as a Deputy Sheriff assigned as a Special Deputy. Issues concerning his knee should be taken in context with his superb physical shape, demonstrated performance as a Sheriffs Deputy, and that of a very similar gentleman who has a physical infermnity and continues like Mike, as a consumming fire:

http://www.danabowman.com

Super 64 says Roger to Mike Evans

S

Super64

For Your Information

Please mark this Saturday, Aug. 17th, for the Republican Open Forum at Chapline Place in Prince Frederick. Bring your friends and family to meet the Republican Candidates. Learn what their message is before the primary. Come out and show all Republican candidates how much we support and appreciate them.

August 17th, Saturday
Chapline Place (Food Lion)
Prince Frederick
9:00 a.m.

There will be a Q & A Time

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Is it going to be in the parking lot? I'll most likely be going the other way (south) if the weather is nice, the range opens at 9am. Although I'm not sure I want to miss this.