Calvinism Is Not The Issue!

StoneThrower

Well said Paul!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MXA5UOkLTyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Starman3000m

Hmmm...by the number of recent posts praising John Calvin and defending "Calvinism" it seems that Calvinism has become the issue. :whistle:

Praise and glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, no one else, no other man; afterall there is no other name under Heaven by which man can be saved:

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I watched the video twice. Still trying to figure out where he was coming from.

I say salvation comes from Christ through ones confessing and believing. No other way.

Individual choice.

Zguy28

I say salvation comes from Christ through ones confessing and believing. No other way.

Individual choice.
What do you think is the purpose(s) of salvation?

Is it mainly to do with mankind and our desires or with God and His desires?

Bonus question: what is the purpose of man?

StoneThrower

Individual choice.

The point Paul was making was its not about a lable based on a mans name.
Its not about following Calvin (which I dont) Its about how does regeneration take place and that its all an act of God. A man that is dead in sin can do nothing to change his estate on his own as he is spiritural dead only God can wake us up to the reality of our sinfull condition and cause us to want to change, A child in a mud puddle will never have an apreication for an ocean as long as he is content in the puddle. He will even fight you kicking and screaming if you try to make him leave it.
Only God can change a sinners heart! Its a miracle everytime a sinner repents and makes Christ Lord of their life. Its a gift of God so no man can boast.