camera help

spinner

Does anybody know of someone who fixes cameras in St Mary's? We are having a problem with a Minolta Maxum 5 35mm. It has gone all dark when you look through the viewfinder. The lens is fine. Thanks

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by spinner
Does anybody know of someone who fixes cameras in St Mary's? We are having a problem with a Minolta Maxum 5 35mm. It has gone all dark when you look through the viewfinder. The lens is fine. Thanks

Here's a place, but not sure if they service cameras.

Mark's Telethon Electronics
301-863-8466

G

geminigrl

Re: Re: Re: camera help

Originally posted by mainman
:confused: Then why post it?

Because they service electronics, but I wasn't sure if they did cameras? :rolleyes:

willie

Take off the lens and open the back of the camera. See if it is something simple preventing the mirror to drop into place or obstructing the mirror.

911Carrera

German American Lead Foot
Here's a suggestion for you. Give Strauss Photo Technical Service a try.

Strauss; Photo-Technical Service
1240 Mt. Olivet Rd, Washington, DC 20002
(202) 529-3200
(202) 526-6465 (fax)
Email: straussphoto@spts.com
business profile | phonephone | emailemail | save
http://www.spts.com

They are located in D.C. They have been in business for about 40 years repair all kinds of high end electronic items. These guys wear white lab coats. This is where many camera shops send out camera for repairs. I've used them a couple of time before and they are great! Reasonably priced too. You could send it to them or drive it up there. I sort of in a rougher area of D.C.

They repaired my Nikon FE for $45.00 and I thought it might be terminal but they fixed it and it was cheap.

I've taken some electronics (TV's to be repaired) to Mark's Telethon before and it always comes back as non-repairable and I owe $50.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
geminigrl said:

301-863-8466
not! We took our camcorder there years ago. Pd 200+ and it never worked right. Ended up buying a new one. He wouldn't look at it again unless we paid the initial fee......

Go to Ritz camera in the mall. They will ship it out. probably to Strauss; Photo-Technical Service but I wouldn't take a darn thing to Marks ever again.

B

baswm

geminigrl said:

301-863-8466

I had taken three different items there and had good service and a fair price. One multimedia projector I took to three places who could not service it. Mark fixed it quickly and at a fair price. So maybe I have been lucky with them, I will still take items there if needed.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
spinner said:
I know in my NIkon when the battery dies, the shutter freezes shut, did you change the battery??

ylexot

Super Genius
I'm guessing the camera is fixed by now. The thread was originally posted in early July...