Camera Hogg - Weighs in on Nikki's Curtains

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Left-wing activist David Hogg also got in on the anti-Haley action, writing a mini-letter on behalf of "America" condemning the ambassador for having the "audacity to misappropriate thousands of tax dollars for your own lavish lifestyle" while there are children starving in America. "Resign immediately," "America" demanded (h/t Twitchy).

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1040570710912061440[/TWITTER]

But, as Haley's office told the Times in its deceptively titled article, there's just one big problem: She had nothing to do with those pricey curtains; they were ordered back in 2016, approved by Obama's State Department. Here's the line buried in the sixth paragraph of the article on "Ms. Haley's curtains":

A spokesman for Ms. Haley said plans to buy the curtains were made in 2016, during the Obama administration. Ms. Haley had no say in the purchase, he said.

Despite this admission, the Times repeatedly portrays the curtains and the residence as "Ms. Haley's" and puts the onus on the Trump State Department instead of Obama's, which approved, ordered and allocated funds for the curtains.

Despite overtly agenda-driven reports like these, the New York Times wants its readers to believe it is an objective and bipartisan source of news. A few quick examples of backlash to Lieu, Hogg, and the Times below:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1040471295266152448[/TWITTER]

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1040570710912061440[/TWITTER]

NYT, Dems, David Hogg Slam Nikki Haley For $52K Curtains. Haley: There's Just One Big Problem.

Approved and Purchased in 2016 During the OBAMA Administration ...... why was Kerry Spending 51k on curtains when there are starving Children

This_person

NY Times said:
Editors’ Note: September 14, 2018
An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials. The article should not have focused on Ms. Haley, nor should a picture of her have been used. The article and headline have now been edited to reflect those concerns, and the picture has been removed
:eyebrow:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel sorry for that kid. Didn't stop me from lighting him up on Twitter this morning, but I do have pity for him. He's a dumb teenager being used by adults for political purposes, and their attention has made him think he's smarter than he is.

He reminds me of Sapidus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That kid can't win for losin'. NYT just published a correction to the fake news story they ran about those curtains. Now he looks like an even bigger fool.

Hijinx

He's too young and stupid to avoid being a fool...and he's too young and stupid to even care that he is. He makes Sappy and fishboi look like geniuses.

Hogg decided to take a Gap Year from college so he could stir sh1t.
IMO He would have been better off to go to school and try to grow up.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hogg decided to take a Gap Year from college so he could stir sh1t.
IMO He would have been better off to go to school and try to grow up.
His “gap year” = not accepted. Quite the difference. Meanwhile, the level headed kid from Parkland, Kyle Kashuv; is on his way to valedictorian. That is until that corrupt and complicit superintendent denies the honor to him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ha ha ha haaa!!! Classic NYT fail! Turns out it was Barry's administration that authorized that purchase! Love to see progpots eat dirt.