Camper Guru's

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I picked up our new camper Tuesday and the flippin' tv's do not get any signal from the antenna. The booster light comes on when I push the button to activate it but neither the front or back tv can "auto find" any channels, we should have some available in Hollywood.

I believe the problem would be before the splitter on back the booster plate as neither tv gets a signal, help a brother out :buddies:

bigjoe64

I believe you need a digital converter. Ever since the FCC did the digital switch, unless you have cable or dish, you will need one to pick up local channels on your tv's. If you have direct tv or dish network, I know you can get a dish and box for the camper that will travel with you and you won't have to connect to campground cable. Check Best Buy for both.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I believe you need a digital converter. Ever since the FCC did the digital switch, unless you have cable or dish, you will need one to pick up local channels on your tv's. If you have direct tv or dish network, I know you can get a dish and box for the camper that will travel with you and you won't have to connect to campground cable. Check Best Buy for both.

Got it figured out, they put a splitter behind the booster inside the wall, doesn't help a whole lot when the output side isn't connected to anything; so much for dealer prep huh.

nutz

Only for a much older tv. The move basically switched the on air from VHF to the UHF bands. An old type antenna and new tv will get the on air channels.

nutz

Got it figured out, they put a splitter behind the booster inside the wall, doesn't help a whole lot when the output side isn't connected to anything; so much for dealer prep huh.

That would help. You get one for a hunt camp, family weekends, or.....? I really like using ours, if only I could get someone to do the pre and post trip stuff ....