Campground w/ Cabins

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Looking for a close (within a half days drive) campground. Family setting as we will have six kids with us ranging from 2 -13 yrs old and lots of outdoor activities.

Any help greatly appreciated

wineo

loving life
Mooreland State Park in VA right across 301 bridge on Rt. 3. They have cabins. Near Stratford Hall.

nightowl

Point Lookout is great. They only have 6 cabins though so if you plan to go soon I would make reservations quickly. The beds are hard so bring extra padding if you have it. It sleeps 4 but you could probably put someone on an airmattress on the floor if need be.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
nightowl said:
Point Lookout is great. They only have 6 cabins though so if you plan to go soon I would make reservations quickly. The beds are hard so bring extra padding if you have it. It sleeps 4 but you could probably put someone on an airmattress on the floor if need be.

Are there any activities for the kids there?
I was looking online but it doesn't say much

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
wineo said:
Mooreland State Park in VA right across 301 bridge on Rt. 3. They have cabins. Near Stratford Hall.
WESTmoreland State park
Have a 2 bdrm reserved there at the end of the month, about $500 for 7 days

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
waterpark

Ok I just had another thought.

About a month maybe 2 ago I saw an add for a water park (not Great Wolf Lodge) located in VA called something like Lurary Cavarens Waterpark did anybody else see this?

Can you tell I'm trying to get one last fun kids thing in before school starts..

:killingme

nightowl

sanchezf said:
Are there any activities for the kids there?
I was looking online but it doesn't say much

There is fishing and crabbing, a playground, fort lincoln, swimming (for a $5 car load fee), nice walking trails/areas. My kids favorite thing is always building the fire everyday. With it being Summer though it might be to hot for that.

As for a water park, Water Country USA (http://www.watercountryusa.com/wc/default.aspx) is suppose to be one of the top 10 water parks in the country. It's in Williamsburg near Busch Gardens.