Campgrounds?

country_gal2009

Im looking for a campground in maryland, virginia, or maybe new jersey.

that allows camping on lakes or beaches?
Or maybe a public lake or something that allows tent camping?
does anyone know of any?

Bay_Kat

Tropical

does anyone know of any?

Assateague is beautiful, you can put your tent on the beach.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Assateague is beautiful, you can put your tent on the beach.

Make sure you bring plenty of bug spray. One year a friend and I camped out there. It was later in the evening when we got there after partying in OC, had to put the tent up in the dark. We didn't have any bug spray or citronella candles, I almost got eaten alive before I got the tent up. Apparently they don't spray for mosquito's over there. The ponies visited us during the night, I could here them snorting outside the tent and I saw they left a few presents in the morning.

bcp

In My Opinion
North Bend Park

AKA Kerr Dam.

I would suggest sites D-206 or D-207 for a tent.

its clean fresh water, soft bottom, small sandy beach areas at most outer sites.

bcp

In My Opinion

does anyone know of any?

Big Meadow!

best place ever.

especially on a clear night.
Try to stay with the original request.

if she has kids, camping at Big Meadow would be as close to torture for them as you can get.
nothing to do but look at the trees. though, they might like walking among the deer through the field at sunset.

Xaquin44

Try to stay with the original request.

if she has kids, camping at Big Meadow would be as close to torture for them as you can get.
nothing to do but look at the trees. though, they might like walking among the deer through the field at sunset.

there are a bunch of waterfalls at Big Meadows

country_gal2009

I think I'm going to go with the Assategue. Its for my senior week and i'm not much on the Ocean City part and all, but i just wanted something relaxing and i think that'll be good. And the friend thats going with me and i ride horses, etc. so it'll be a nice treat for us.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I think I'm going to go with the Assategue. Its for my senior week and i'm not much on the Ocean City part and all, but i just wanted something relaxing and i think that'll be good. And the friend thats going with me and i ride horses, etc. so it'll be a nice treat for us.

You can't ride the horses at Assateague..

bcp

In My Opinion
there are a bunch of waterfalls at Big Meadows
yep, and I also see that there were no children involved. so I was basing my answer on the lake request.

now that being said, Big Meadows is one incredible place to see, Its a must see right before dusk when all the animals start getting active.
I have some pictures of bears sitting by the side of the road just waiting for people to take their pictures.

so, I agree with you, Big Meadows is a must see place that is close by.