Camping/fishing trip

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If all goes as planned, the Vrai-Monello machine should be pulling into Maryland sometime in April or May of next year. The last time we were in MD, a few of us did a 'cast & blast' camping weekend where we swam & fished in the Potomac river then went to the gun range to exercise our 2nd amendment rights. We had some rain but overall it was a good time.

So is there any interest in doing something similar next year? Perhaps in a mid Maryland state park. Then do whatever you like during the day. Hike, fish, bird watch, cook, nap, bike ride, geocashing, boat, etc. I'd start a new forum group for people interested. Then any questions could be addressed there. Some people could borrow gear if necessary. The big things are having enough places for people to sleep and coolers for food and drink. Just be aware that Maryland has an alcohol ban in state parks. $55 fine if you get busted. Maybe a state forest campground would be better suited but they are a lot more primative. Anyway, all that can be worked out later once we know how many are interested.

Reply back here if you have any questions.

I'd be interested in joining in camping. Not much of a fresh water fisher.

BTW, the MAFF (Mid Atlantic Fireworks Festival) is usually held in late April, so if that's of interest, keep an eye on their facebook page.

So, I'm the only one who thinks this is a good idea too? Or is no one responding because I did and I scared everyone away? :ohwell:

Or it is visions of the infamous forum camping trip to Take It Easy and a fear of a repeat?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So, I'm the only one who thinks this is a good idea too? Or is no one responding because I did and I scared everyone away? :ohwell:

Or it is visions of the infamous forum camping trip to Take It Easy and a fear of a repeat?
No - I just read the post to Foxhound and he's already planning to go!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Too much testosterone for ya? :lol: Or afraid of Tigger showing up?

Not speaking for Vrai - but for moi - I don't like camping out anymore However, I am very much into the day hikes Foxhound and I take. Last one on the AT was just about 15 miles when we were done. :yay: