Camping on base

SoccerMom2

Going camping on base this weekend. Yes i know scattered thunderstorms but who cares it will make it exciting. I was just wondering what are some good ideas for kids 3 and 5 to do? Already got the smores ready...lol! i was thinking they get a bag and find different leaves. Any suggestions would be greatly appericated.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I think underage can fish without a license, adults have to have a state AND base permit. The beach and Beach House have playgrounds, I think the canoe and paddle boat rentals are still across from the beach house. If the weather gets bad you can go to the movies, bowling alley and indoor pool. MWR has all the info you need.
Watch the leaves, it's been really dry and ticks are horrendous in the woods on base.

Take them over to Goose Creek. Little bit of a beach on the creek side, lots of critters in the water. Might even get lucky and score a few crabs.

jaysewell

Camping

They have a AWESOME water park for kids there, they also have Putt putt golf, a beach and many more thangs. You will have a good time.

Take them over to Goose Creek. Little bit of a beach on the creek side, lots of critters in the water. Might even get lucky and score a few crabs.

glhs837

Power with Control
I suppose the question is, which base? Solomons, or Pax? If its Pax, no, the paddle boats and canoes are not there anymore.