Can I whine at you Part 2

SailorGirl

My son came bopping in the morning and asked me if I could look at his neck, said it hurt. So I looked and there's what appears to be a boil only it's huge - easily two inches. So I did the whole hot compress thing and told him we have to go to the doctors for this before the day ends. No problem - he wants to do what he normally does on Friday first and then we'll go.

Meanwhile - he's between doctors. Again. I called MEDSTAR explained the problem and they will sign him up for a new doctor ONLY it will take several weeks before he can be seen. They told me to try Urgent Care places. I called the place near Cracker Barrel and they told me to bring him in, call from the car, and they'll get us when they're ready.

Joe finished up what he wanted to do and took a bath. I heard sounds like something falling down in the bathroom, but I assumed he knocked something over - I'm in the middle of major cleaning in there and things are pulled out. I knocked, tried the knob and asked if he was okay and he mumbled yes. Not at all unusual. Some 20 minutes later I forced the bathroom door open and there's blood all over creation and he's sitting in the bathtub blood all over his eyelid and dripping down his face. I cleaned that up and held a wet washcloth over it until the bleeding slowed down. He's in a stupor - I'm assuming he had a bad seizure and that's what the crashing noises were. So I tried calling the Urgent Care got busy signals, then got put on hold before I could say no. So we left anyway.

Got there, they won't see him. Not even for the boil they told me they WOULD see him for. Tell me to go to St Mary's Hospital. So I go there, Joey's still in a stupor. I left him out in the car and went inside to explain what was going on. They'll see him but not with me. I said he's autistic, he is incapable of telling you anything especially since he just had a seizure. They told me that I am considered a visitor and if I want to go in with him that I will have to be cleared by a medical board and Joe will need to be cleared to determine if he's autistic enough whatever the **** that means to have his "visitor" with him. I said never mind and left and then immediately returned and said he won't come in without me- their response ma'am we just told you - blah blah, I wanted to grab that girl by her thousand braids that she's now swinging around and bobbing her head to and just strangle her with them.

I'm not really calm yet as you can tell but I don't know what in the **** to do now. It's too late for stitches, but that boil if that's what it is, is scaring the hell out of me. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Bonehead

I would use steri strips or butterfly bandage on the head wound. Lancing a boil is gross but doable just sterilize whatever you intend to lance it with. If you have any topical anesthetic that would help him for the lancing. Make sure the core of the boil is expressed (removed). Cover with a sterile gauze bandage. It seems you have exhausted any means of professional care. That sucks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A Different Hospital - Civista in La Plata CC

Do you not already have paper work detailing his condition and making you his Guardian

How old is Joe ?

SailorGirl

I would use steri strips or butterfly bandage on the head wound. Lancing a boil is gross but doable just sterilize whatever you intend to lance it with. If you have any topical anesthetic that would help him for the lancing. Make sure the core of the boil is expressed (removed). Cover with a sterile gauze bandage. It seems you have exhausted any means of professional care. That sucks.
His eyelid has stopped bleeding and it's just a raw looking cut now - I don't think they could stitch it at this point, not that he would let them stitch it anyway. The boil is scaring the s*it out of me - first I've never seen one that big, I don't know if that's really what it is, although I'm reasonably certain and I've read things like lancing them yourself may cause sepsis. I'm wondering if a dermatologist would see him - I know several here in the area remove moles in the office so they certainly should be capable of lancing a boil or at least telling me if that's what it is . I'm not sure if boils are considered skin conditions or not though.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That's an idea - calling first though - I'm completely drained at the moment and he's had enough of everything today between the seizure and the cut.
Call Calvert. You might not be able to go into the hospital with him - they are very strict right now. It's a protocol that they're all following.

Bann

PREMO Member
He's an adult but he's not.
Legally, in the eyes of the law, he's an adult unless you have the proper documentation stating you are his guardian.

I have a medical durable power of attorney for my son, but he is his own guardian Legally, because I never went before a judge / court to request guardianship.

SailorGirl

Legally, in the eyes of the law, he's an adult unless you have the proper documentation stating you are his guardian.

I have a medical durable power of attorney for my son, but he is his own guardian Legally, because I never went before a judge / court to request guardianship.
Me either. I have NEVER had a problem with going back with him. It wouldn't have made any difference here anyway I told them I was his legal guardian and they said that I was considered to be a visitor. I don't know if this is a boil Bann - I'm looking a pictures on the internet and there are several other things it could be.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Me either. I have NEVER had a problem with going back with him. It wouldn't have made any difference here anyway I told them I was his legal guardian and they said that I was considered to be a visitor. I don't know if this is a boil Bann - I'm looking a pictures on the internet and there are several other things it could be.
I can't offer any assistance with the guardianship issue, however, I have had a boil-like cyst on my back, it hurt like hell the day/night before nature took care of it and it drained. It was uncomfortable for about a week prior and about the size of a golf ball. Good luck to you and Joe.

SailorGirl

I can't offer any assistance with the guardianship issue, however, I have had a boil-like cyst on my back, it hurt like hell the day/night before nature took care of it and it drained. It was uncomfortable for about a week prior and about the size of a golf ball. Good luck to you and Joe.
I'm no doctor but I play one on the internet - there's at least six things that it could be and all of them scary. They do get that big then huh? Thanks - wish he had told me about it before it got to this but he hides everything he thinks will worry me.

SailorGirl

You know what I forgot to tell you the rest of the story. On the way back Joe wanted to get Chic Fil A. Pulled in - no cars for a change - got our order and left - got as far as just out of the parking lot and it's the wrong order. So I had to circle back in a line that is double and has at least ten cars in each one.

Twenty minutes later we're on the way home and I'm stopped at the little road between going to Walmart - behind Cheseldine. I see a guy in the rear view mirror nearing the car on foot - didn't think anything of it. Weird looking guy, super skinny, walking oddly, shorts down below his crack. He opens our car door on Joe's side and asks for money. Well Joe freaked out and shoved him and slammed the door just as I took off.

Talk about a weird ass day.

Bann

PREMO Member
Here's what you do. Let them take him. IF he has some behavioral issues -they will call you back so quick it will make your head swim. They cannot deny him service.

Bann

PREMO Member
You know what I forgot to tell you the rest of the story. On the way back Joe wanted to get Chic Fil A. Pulled in - no cars for a change - got our order and left - got as far as just out of the parking lot and it's the wrong order. So I had to circle back in a line that is double and has at least ten cars in each one.

Twenty minutes later we're on the way home and I'm stopped at the little road between going to Walmart - behind Cheseldine. I see a guy in the rear view mirror nearing the car on foot - didn't think anything of it. Weird looking guy, super skinny, walking oddly, shorts down below his crack. He opens our car door on Joe's side and asks for money. Well Joe freaked out and shoved him and slammed the door just as I took off.

Talk about a weird ass day.
I'm sorry, but that made me LOL!! :lmao: