Can YOU help?

Nanny Pam

My Son -in-law in Afghanistan sent this to me. I would love it if we could form groups to gather some Christmas items to send over.
Thanks ♥
~Pam

Friends,

As the joy of the very special holiday season dawns upon us, and we are thinking of all of our wonderful plans in the warmth of our homes and in the presence of our loved ones. There are those here in Afghanistan who will not have the pleasure to have their family nor the comfort of their homes. It will be in darkness of Christmas Eve and Christmas that they will be engaged in the mission of launching planes and doing the mission. At a time like this one can only pause at the great sacrifices our Airmen make everyday but especially on these sacred days. I am asking for your assistance to help give our Airmen a taste of home. I am wanting to pass out stocking filled with little reminders of the goodness of this sacred season to every Airman here at Kandahar on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I need your help and I am trying to get 3000 stockings to give to our Airmen. If you would like to help or your organization please send me stockings filled with some of the joys of this season to bring joy to our Airmen’s lives. I ask that they not be religious in nature as they need to go to any Airman of any faith but just some wonderful reminders with candy and trinkets that will but a warm smile on their face on a cold dark night. Thank you for your consideration. My address is below. Blessings

KEVIN HUMPHREY, Ch, CAPT, USAF

451 AEW/HC

APO, AE 09355

DSN Office: 318-420-2109

E-mail: kevin.humphrey@kdab.afcent.af.​mil

Nanny Pam

Please feel free to re-post to your FB page, or where ever you'd like. I have several (47) Christmas stockings so far. Lots of other stuff too, even $$ towards the shipping costs from folks around me. Perhaps you guys can send something representing SoMD. :yay:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I am in. :love:

If we can hook up a couple drop off spots and a list of the best things to send i'd be glad to buy some "stuff"

Nanny Pam

Well ... since you guys are over there and I'm over here in Delaware....you'll have to set it up as having your house as a drop-off spot. Don't be shy about asking for $$ to help with shipping the stuff to KEVIN HUMPHREY. He'll take care of it over there.

I am so happy that I posted this! I don't want our Troops to feel forgotten @ Christmas time! XOX

P.S. I am shipping the first week of Dec.

Some items I've received are:
stationary, books, candy canes, socks, Christmas stockings - lots of these!
Those cookies that are in those tins, etc.

I have been asking for anything that would help our Troops, away from home, feel remembered.

NTNG

Our son is also in Afghanistan. We made up stockings for the guys in his squad. We put candy, lip balm, moist wipes, and phone cards in each one. , Also sent a table top tree with ornaments, a few tins of cookies, and a Holiday music CD. Mailed it last week.

Nanny Pam

Our son is also in Afghanistan. We made up stockings for the guys in his squad. We put candy, lip balm, moist wipes, and phone cards in each one. , Also sent a table top tree with ornaments, a few tins of cookies, and a Holiday music CD. Mailed it last week.

AWESOME :clap: There are some GREAT ideas right there! Especially the phone cards!!

Nanny Pam

You know what would really help? If we could get the USPS to pick up the tab for mailing over seas!
I guess we could always dream ....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You know what would really help? If we could get the USPS to pick up the tab for mailing over seas!
I guess we could always dream ....

I have an adopted soldier and a very good friend soldier who I sent stuff too fairly regularly. You only have to pay domestic shipping. From my understanding the mail goes to CONUS base and then the military takes it to the middle east. :yay: