Canada busts major terrorist plot

bcp

In My Opinion
Wow, I hope that their civil rights werent violated and that they are being treated to the best of all services available to them.

Mikeinsmd

bcp said:
Wow, I hope that their civil rights werent violated and that they are being treated to the best of all services available to them.
Yea, sure hope the aclu was there to make sure they were arrested fairly.

Damn frstabbo, this must piss you off! :duh:

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bcp said:
I sure hope they didn't tap their phones, our invade their privacy in any way shape or form.. if so they should let them go, and give them their explosives back..

F

Fallen

itsbob said:
I sure hope they didn't tap their phones, our invade their privacy in any way shape or form.. if so they should let them go, and give them their explosives back..
It's amazing that some people actually think like that. It sounds funny, hearing it that way :lmao:

frstabbo

I guess we should be more like those canucks in this respect. The potential terrorists were in court when lawyer Rocco Galati, who represented two of the accused men, complained to Justice of the Peace John Farnum that the presence of the armed officers violated his clients' constitutional rights, saying: "I do not feel safe with an automatic weapon facing in my direction."

Galati also complained about the leg irons on the accused, and asked Farnum to order police to give his clients a Qur'an.

"Everyone is entitled to their religious books," Farnum replied, before taking issue with Galati's tone. "Don't toy with me," he said. "I don't like it." Im sure glad they have this guy defending them!1

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
frstabbo said:
... when lawyer Rocco Galati -- a graduate of UCLA, who represented two of the accused men
:fixed:

frstabbo said:
the presence of the armed officers violated his clients' constitutional rights, saying: "I do not feel safe with an automatic weapon facing in my direction."
This would be funny if not so damn frightening. I wonder what Mr. Galati believes people would think/feel once their innocent family members had been randomly slaughtered.

The only problem I see with pointing the weapons at the terrorists is that the officers didn't pull the trigger.

frstabbo said:
Galati also complained about the leg irons on the accused, and asked Farnum to order police to give his clients a Qur'an.
Yeah, even Gitmo detainees have copies of the Koran... and we all know they're abused badly enough!

canadaguy

These guys make me sick. Now, Anser Farooq, a lawyer who represents five of the accused, pointed at snipers on the roof of the courthouse and said: "This is ridiculous. They've got soldiers here with guns. This is going to completely change the atmosphere."

Well excuse me, but we here in Canada learned our lesson from 911. My only regret is that these snipers didnt shoot these guys...

"I think (the police) cast their net far too wide," he said, adding his clients are considering suing law enforcement agencies.

The father of one accused, Mohammed Abdelhaleen, spoke outside the courthouse after his son's appearance, saying there is "no validation" to any of the charges against any of the suspects.

"I have no idea what this is," said the distraught father. "I'm sure it's going to come to nothing. We're playing a political game here. I hope the judicial system realizes this."

Go back to friggin pakistan or from where ever you are from and leave my country alone. I hope these guys rot in hell.

bcp

In My Opinion
Do you realize that if Canada actually punishes these terrorists, the liberals in the U.S will have nowhere to claim they are running to anymore?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
What is really scary is that it only took one ton of ammonium nitrates to take down the building in the Oklahoma City bombing; these idiots had 3 tons of it!

What was their goal? Canada? The US?

The sad thing is, these individuals will make it to the courthouse. One can only hope I am wrong.

canadaguy

Penn said:
What is really scary is that it only took one ton of ammonium nitrates to take down the building in the Oklahoma City bombing; these idiots had 3 tons of it!

What was their goal? Canada? The US?

The sad thing is, these individuals will make it to the courthouse. One can only hope I am wrong.

There goal was to destroy the city I was born and raised in, Toronto.
Toronto is the prime target for Canada.. 3 tons would have broght down at least one skyscrapper, and we know what that would have been like.
Items of evidence included a 9-mm Luger handgun, military fatigues and two-way radios, detonators wired to cell-phones.

The beauty is that the group is being charged under the new anti-terrorism legislation introduced into the criminal code in December 2001, after the 9/11 attacks. It's only the second time the terrorism laws have been used in Canada.

To the 400 Law enfocement personel who worked to bring these guys down, to the RCMP, I say thank you so very much for getting these dispicables.

R

residentofcre

canadaguy said:
There goal was to destroy the city I was born and raised in, Toronto.
Toronto is the prime target for Canada.. 3 tons would have broght down at least one skyscrapper, and we know what that would have been like.
Items of evidence included a 9-mm Luger handgun, military fatigues and two-way radios, detonators wired to cell-phones.

The beauty is that the group is being charged under the new anti-terrorism legislation introduced into the criminal code in December 2001, after the 9/11 attacks. It's only the second time the terrorism laws have been used in Canada.

To the 400 Law enfocement personel who worked to bring these guys down, to the RCMP, I say thank you so very much for getting these dispicables.

I bet they are planning something for 6-6-06 :coffee: