cancer support for family

pelers

Are there any local cancer support groups for family members of those diagnosed with cancer?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Are there any local cancer support groups for family members of those diagnosed with cancer?

:huggy:

Have you checked with the local hospital or health department? They may have lists.

acommondisaster

Thanks. I'm looking for my husband, his mom was recently diagnosed. I'm not sure how to help him other than hugs.

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Her doctor or oncologist will probably be able to direct you. When my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, they were a big help. The only thing I can add from the experience is that you are a BIG help, just being supportive and sympathetic as your husband works through it. Coming together as a family makes a difference.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thanks. I'm looking for my husband, his mom was recently diagnosed. I'm not sure how to help him other than hugs.

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Her doctor or oncologist will probably be able to direct you. When my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, they were a big help. The only thing I can add from the experience is that you are a BIG help, just being supportive and sympathetic as your husband works through it. Coming together as a family makes a difference.

I will second that. Don't underestimate the power of hugs, and just your physical presence of being there.

pelers

I so sorry Pelers. What an awful thing to have to deal with.

Thanks. I'm confident that she's going to make a full recovery. They caught it early because she's good about making her annual appointments and she's being very proactive about it all.

Caution

I have recently found out that HUGS go a lot farther than you might think. Being a good sounding board comes in a close 2nd.

No expert at this so good luck to you.

kelb

art imitating life

My bfs mom passed from PC this year. I felt lost trying to help him get through it. Just always be there and even on the very bad days, the days where you feel lost, just be there. If you contact hospice they will direct you to great help.

Good luck