Cancer update... :)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Today, 14 May 2019 makes 4 years since I received the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.

I saw Dr Shah, my oncologist and then had a late breakfast at Bob Evans.

The labs and CT scan show I continue to be free of recurrence.

Congratulations! That is truly amazing, and very inspiring. :yay:

Your case and history must be very impressive and fascinating to your doctors.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Happy you didn't go the way of Steve Jobs trying to fix yourself first, then in the process have it advance so much that doctors couldn't do anything when he finally gave in to see them.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

Happy you didn't go the way of Steve Jobs trying to fix yourself first, then in the process have it advance so much that doctors couldn't do anything when he finally gave in to see them.
I stopped trying to be Mr Know It All about my health when I had the trouble in early 2008 that led to me getting a pacemaker.
I'm a boring heart patient, too. Had a check last week, heart needs the pacemaker under 10% of the time now, was almost 14% last November, which was steady since I got the replacement in October 2016.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I stopped trying to be Mr Know It All about my health when I had the trouble in early 2008 that led to me getting a pacemaker. I'm a boring hear patient, too. Had a check last week, heart needs the pacemaker under 10% of the time now, was almost 14% last November, which was steady since I got the replacement in October 2016.
Steady as you go then. Steady as you go.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just wish Miss Teia was still here to be cuddled on that important anniversary as she was my in home recovery nurse.

But, Miss Blue has definitely learned that sitting on the couch, cuddled up against my leg is a good place to be.
Her previous people did not allow her on the furniture. She got up on the bed this morning and settled about 10 minutes, for the 1st time. She was banned from the bedroom, too, at her old home. They developed allergies, including to cats, tried to keep her, but...

Glad we took her.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I just wish Miss Teia was still here to be cuddled on that important anniversary as she was my in home recovery nurse.

But, Miss Blue has definitely learned that sitting on the couch, cuddled up against my leg is a good place to be.
Her previous people did not allow her on the furniture. She got up on the bed this morning and settled about 10 minutes, for the 1st time. She was banned from the bedroom, too, at her old home. They developed allergies, including to cats, tried to keep her, but...

Glad we took her.

:huggy: It is hard to part with our beloved animals. There are wooden boxes on shelves in hub’s office of all our departed beloved sweeties. I am not sure if that is a good idea, or not. I have to remind myself that life goes on. Miss T would be happy for you because you took such good care of her, and loved her so much. And, she would be glad that Miss B is there to comfort you, now.

P.S. How did Miss B’s previous owners restrict where she went, or upon what furniture she could be on. That is just wierd. Our current kitty has his own bedroom. :lol: It tells me that you were meant to have Miss B, and Miss T would approve. I, always, think that my current sweeties are given life through the sweeties that preceded them. Try not to be sad. I know you miss Miss T. You have given Miss B a new life. You are kindred spirits; in a way. Survivors. Go, y’all!

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:huggy: It is hard to part with our beloved animals. There are wooden boxes on shelves in hub’s office of all our departed beloved sweeties. I am not sure if that is a good idea, or not. I have to remind myself that life goes on. Miss T would be happy for you because you took such good care of her, and loved her so much. And, she would be glad that Miss B is there to comfort you, now.

P.S. How did Miss B’s previous owners restrict where she went, or upon what furniture she could be on. That is just wierd. Our current kitty has his own bedroom. :lol: It tells me that you were meant to have Miss B, and Miss T would approve. I, always, think that my current sweeties are given life through the sweeties that preceded them. Try not to be sad. I know you miss Miss T. You have given Miss B a new life. You are kindred spirits; in a way. Survivors. Go, y’all!
They trained her to stay off by shooing her, I suppose.
Kept her out of the bedroom by keeping the door closed on her.

I think Miss Teia prompted my neighbor to show me Blue's picture.
He is friends with her former people.

Taking Miss Blue to the vet tomorrow, having a little trouble, hope it is a UTI, which is easily treatable.
ope it is not cystitis, which is not.