candy making

punjabigyrl

I am interested in learning how to make candy. Anyone know where i can find a place to learn this art. Michaels only does cake decorating. TIA

4d2008

I am interested in learning how to make candy. Anyone know where i can find a place to learn this art. Michaels only does cake decorating. TIA
Im not saying a FOR SURE but I could have sworn Ive seen little kits at wally world (walmart). Other wise Google it.

kelb

art imitating life

if its chocolate I can make it! hard cady is easy too.. just google it :)

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
prrety much all types. I'd like to start out with choclate and fudge.

For easy to make fugde, get a jar of KRAFT Jet puffed Marshmallow cream and follow the directions of the recipe located on the label. I have never had a problem using it and it always turns out :drool:

nana

Nana
For easy to make fugde, get a jar of KRAFT Jet puffed Marshmallow cream and follow the directions of the recipe located on the label. I have never had a problem using it and it always turns out :drool:

You can also go to Mckay's (charlotte hall) they have a kit with choc milk marshmallows everything you need tried it for the first time not bad needed nuts though

tristajensen

I used to make candy as a little girl

My mom did it for a while, thought it would be fun for both of us to do together.. I was rebelling at an early age and she was looking for a "project" to keep me busy, I think. But it was really fun.. and inexpensive. We gave them as Christmas presents.. :) Yeah, I just saw a kit at Walmart.. instructions are included! Have fun!

Trista Jensen
Scentsy Candle Consultant
Party Wickless!
Scentsy: The Hottest New Thing in Candles

lovinmaryland

would that marshmallow fluff work? everytime I make fudge it either is to soft or dry and crumbly. I even sing that stupid fudge song when I am mixing it!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
would that marshmallow fluff work? everytime I make fudge it either is to soft or dry and crumbly. I even sing that stupid fudge song when I am mixing it!

You could but it is a little different and I never have any luck with it. That is why is always use the Kraft :yay: IF the stuff lasts until the weekend, I will bring some for all to sample.

pipes

I use to make candy all the time too. If you are looking to do Chocolate, molded and truffles there is a store in Waldorf next to the Borders and Burlington coat factory, I think it is called Cakes and things. They have a ton of different molds and supplies. The prices weren't bad either. Last year for Christmas I made edible choclate coffee cups filled with dark chocolate mousse and a white chocolate mousse on top. Everyone loved them.
Good Luck!!!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

I make a kickass to die for English Toffee, but I'd have to show you how to do it and I don't know you. And I make wonderful peanut brittle. I need to be bribed. :dance:

jsouthan

Have no idea about classes but good luck it sounds fun!
I am going to try and make my own marshmallow ..

Marshmallows (French Laundry) Recipe | Recipezaar
They forgot to add powdered sugar to dust them with. It says no thermometer is needed....

I made my own marshmallows once. It was pretty easy, but boy did I make a mess! Just make sure you don't let the marshmallow travel all up your mixer beater-things (sorry, so technical, I know) or you will never get it all cleaned out! I gave the marshmallows and some homemade hot chocolate mix as Christmas gifts one year. It was yummy, if I do say so myself.

dn0121

I make a kickass to die for English Toffee, but I'd have to show you how to do it and I don't know you. And I make wonderful peanut brittle. I need to be bribed. :dance:

English toffee is awesome. I would to make some, or just eat yours.

H

HouseCat

I used to make awesome fudge and peanut brittle until I switched to an electric stove. Time and temperature gets so screwed up with electric.. I have no patience for it now so I just drink the nog and forgets the candy.

frozenrain

I made my own marshmallows once. It was pretty easy, but boy did I make a mess! Just make sure you don't let the marshmallow travel all up your mixer beater-things (sorry, so technical, I know) or you will never get it all cleaned out! I gave the marshmallows and some homemade hot chocolate mix as Christmas gifts one year. It was yummy, if I do say so myself.

thankyou for the tips!!!!! Got all the ingredients but have yet to do them but I will remember the mixer tip-cheers!
Your christmas gift must have been well received sounds delish!