cannot see past their narrow world view

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Students Demand Building Called ‘Lynch’ Be Renamed Because of Racial Overtones

Students at a small Pennsylvania college are demanding that administrators rename a building called “Lynch Memorial Hall'' because of the racial overtones of the word “lynch.''

The building is named after Clyde A. Lynch, who was president of Lebanon Valley College from 1932 until his death in 1950.

Students want school officials to either rename the building entirely or add Lynch's first name and middle initial, saying the word recalls the public executions of black men by white mobs in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

It was included on a list of demands that students presented to the school on Friday. Other demands include a more diverse curriculum, more sensitivity training for staff and regular surveys of the racial climate on campus.

Hijinx

I liked it better when the College staff ran the colleges and school and student went there to learn and not to protest BS.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Are they going to want Lorretta Lynch to change her last name. You know, PC and all. Unbelievable. I guess this college has small college inferiority complex, or something like that. They want attention, too. Babies. :bawl:

So, it is obvious to me now that our future citizens are all for erasing history. I say do away with colleges. They seem to be a waste of time and money.

Last edited:
Time for learning experience.

Get cost estimates. Have a student referendum on adding the initials. Everyone who votes Yes gets to pay for it.

Vince

If my kid was in college wasting my money on protesting this and that instead of studying and going to class....they wouldn't be in college long.

Hijinx

The kids at Maryland want to change the name of the stadium.

It seems that once one bunch goes off on these tangents they all want to get in on the game.

They can find some offensiveness in almost anything.

Geez: They even want to change the name of Columbus Day.
Remember when it used to be George Washington's Birthday? Now it's President's day.
We can't have Christmas any more ,It's the Holiday break.
Easter is Spring Break.

BigBlue

All of you act like this has never happen before????I guess none of you remember the 60's,hell some of you were most likely stoned through them!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All of you act like this has never happen before????I guess none of you remember the 60's,hell some of you were most likely stoned through them!!!

I was a small child. Sorry that I wasn't politically active as a 4 year old.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It seems that once one bunch goes off on these tangents they all want to get in on the game.

And that's exactly what it is. Anyone whose raised children or worked with them in any meaningful capacity knows how this works.

"Wait, how come HE got something? I want something! *thinks* Hmmm....what can I ask for?"

Chris0nllyn

I find it hard to believe that many people actually agree with this.

I'm under the impression that news outlets find the most ridiculous things to point out and treat them as if they are a widely viewed opinion. With the prevalence of social media and the information at your fingertips at any time, it seems like more and more people are simply dumb and too "PC" or butthurt.

I just can't, for the life of me, see how more than 5 people can agree with this enough to make it a story. And where are the parents of the people who believe this crap? Don't they want to smack the #### out of them, or cower in shame of what they've created?

Hijinx

I think the student's should worry more about getting an education lol.

Other demands include a more diverse curriculum, more sensitivity training for staff and regular surveys of the racial climate on campus.

Diversity and sensitivity training for staff and surveying the racial climate to see if the poor creatures are being picked on.

How did people who graduated 20 years ago ever get through school before all of this BS came along.
Colleges are not there to kiss the asses of students, half of whom would not be there if not for Government loans and scholarships and a policy of bringing in a quota of diverse student bodies.

BOP

Students Demand Building Called ‘Lynch’ Be Renamed Because of Racial Overtones

Students at a small Pennsylvania college are demanding that administrators rename a building called “Lynch Memorial Hall'' because of the racial overtones of the word “lynch.''

The building is named after Clyde A. Lynch, who was president of Lebanon Valley College from 1932 until his death in 1950.

Students want school officials to either rename the building entirely or add Lynch's first name and middle initial, saying the word recalls the public executions of black men by white mobs in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

It was included on a list of demands that students presented to the school on Friday. Other demands include a more diverse curriculum, more sensitivity training for staff and regular surveys of the racial climate on campus.

Sounds like the poor children don't have enough schoolwork to do.