Capitals To Host 2015 winter Classic

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
What could possibly go wrong? It's not like it's known to get up to 60° in DC in January.

Tech

The 'skins last home game is Dec.22, it would be tight to get the rink done in time. If the 'skins make the playoffs........... the 22nd is still tight.

jg21

Don't think they'll do FedEx. I'm betting on Nats Park to keep it in the city proper.
Whatever the weather, worst case, it can only be as bad as Pittsburgh's a few years ago. They should try to schedule it at night at least.

Baz

This. ------------------>
I'm happy for Caps fans. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

As for the Classic itself in general, to me it's gotten to the point of :bigwhoop:. It was neat and different the first couple of years, but now it's overplayed. And now that there's 5 other outdoor games this year for whatever stupid reason, it's even more :yawn:.

The Penguins have to play yet another outdoor game in Chicago on MARCH 1st. Why is that necessary?

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I'm happy for Caps fans. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

As for the Classic itself in general, to me it's gotten to the point of :bigwhoop:. It was neat and different the first couple of years, but now it's overplayed. And now that there's 5 other outdoor games this year for whatever stupid reason, it's even more :yawn:.

The Penguins have to play yet another outdoor game in Chicago on MARCH 1st. Why is that necessary?

Yep, should've kept it to one or two games. Just like NASCAR running one dirt race now and the fans want to add a bunch more. It takes away the uniqueness of that one race. And NHL has taken away the uniqueness of the Winter Classic.