Caps and Dale Hunter...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...I have returned to being a Caps fan this post season. Every single game was exciting, nail biting, tense and well played. The team is hard nosed, disciplined and sound with effort and hanging in there being the driving attraction instead of the potential of talent.

The last few years, it may have been fun watching 3 goal leads disappear only to win by 2 in the regular season but, the playoffs became an exercise is waiting for them to shoot themselves in the foot, minute by minute, against lesser teams who would simply out work them and out determination them.

I will take well played game seven losses against better teams year after year if it means having beaten at least one better team along the way over game 7 losses against lower seeded teams.

This is a case, very much, not of winning and losing but, of how the game was played.

Good show, Caps!

:buddies:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
...I have returned to being a Caps fan this post season. Every single game was exciting, nail biting, tense and well played. The team is hard nosed, disciplined and sound with effort and hanging in there being the driving attraction instead of the potential of talent.

The last few years, it may have been fun watching 3 goal leads disappear only to win by 2 in the regular season but, the playoffs became an exercise is waiting for them to shoot themselves in the foot, minute by minute, against lesser teams who would simply out work them and out determination them.

I will take well played game seven losses against better teams year after year if it means having beaten at least one better team along the way over game 7 losses against lower seeded teams.

This is a case, very much, not of winning and losing but, of how the game was played.

Good show, Caps!

:yeahthat:
I agree Larry.
It was a very entertaining post season for the Caps. Much better to play hard and make a team beat you than to just give the game away.

sportsfan

I wonder who will become Caps coach now since Dale decided not to return.

McPhee probably thinks BB should have stayed now, might as well bring back Ron Wilson..lol

Last edited:

Peter Forsberg

I give Larry credit at least he admitted to being a bandwagon fan. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Caps now. I will be honest i'm not a fan of all the low scoring defensive minded hockey but if you want to win you have to play that way in the playoffs. All the high powered offensive teams are at home... Flyers, Pens, Canucks, Wings and Hawks. I'm ready for Football!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I will be honest i'm not a fan of all the low scoring defensive minded hockey but if you want to win you have to play that way in the playoffs. !

Yeah, I HATE it in the regular season because it just gets so sloppy absent the intensity of the play offs. It's just tough to play like that 82 times when you know you're likely gonna make the show even if you take 1/2 the season off.

Peter Forsberg

Yeah, I HATE it in the regular season because it just gets so sloppy absent the intensity of the play offs. It's just tough to play like that 82 times when you know you're likely gonna make the show even if you take 1/2 the season off.
Let's go L.A. Flyers HAHA

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kolzig isn’t doing anything... If the Caps short term business plan is to hire ex Caps players as coaches, he'd fit in rather nicely.

OldHillcrestGuy

Would not be surprised if asst. coach Jim Johnson doesnt get the job. He knows the Hunter way of coaching having been there with Hunter this year.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
The Ovechkin Whisperer.

:lmao:

Unfortunately I do not think that there is such a Coach. I am starting to wonder if we would be better off sending Alex elsewhere and keeping the rest of the team. There are obvious issues, I just do not see where the Caps will go after this season. Run and gun was fun to watch and serious shot blocking in the post season kept them in the games but these styles do not mesh well.

Hank

my war
Would not be surprised if asst. coach Jim Johnson doesnt get the job. He knows the Hunter way of coaching having been there with Hunter this year.

Actually, I think Dean Evason would be a contender... He has been an assistant for the past 3 years and was kept on staff when Hunter came in...

Hank

my war
:lmao:

Unfortunately I do not think that there is such a Coach. I am starting to wonder if we would be better off sending Alex elsewhere and keeping the rest of the team. There are obvious issues, I just do not see where the Caps will go after this season. Run and gun was fun to watch and serious shot blocking in the post season kept them in the games but these styles do not mesh well.

Yeah, they only beat the Stanley Cup Champs and went 7 games with the best in the East.... :bigwhoop: