Caps...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
....could this honestly be the year???

They are so head and shoulders better than the Flyers right now. And should be. And are. That is news. Big news.

Truly good teams tend to wipe out their first and second round opponents. The Caps, with some of the best regular season teams ever, or at least really good ones, always seemed to be fighting tooth and nail against 7th and 8th seed teams in the first round, often flat out losing and in heartbreaking fashion and, nearly as bad when they did squeak out the win, struggle worse and lose to second tier teams in the second.

This team looks like the great ones; Get down to business in the first round and just shut people down. They seem serious, focused and....loose. Like they are not feeling the pressure Caps teams ALWAYS feel this time of year.

Dare I say it....???? :buddies:

Freefaller

....could this honestly be the year???

They are so head and shoulders better than the Flyers right now. And should be. And are. That is news. Big news.

Truly good teams tend to wipe out their first and second round opponents. The Caps, with some of the best regular season teams ever, or at least really good ones, always seemed to be fighting tooth and nail against 7th and 8th seed teams in the first round, often flat out losing and in heartbreaking fashion and, nearly as bad when they did squeak out the win, struggle worse and lose to second tier teams in the second.

This team looks like the great ones; Get down to business in the first round and just shut people down. They seem serious, focused and....loose. Like they are not feeling the pressure Caps teams ALWAYS feel this time of year.

Dare I say it....???? :buddies:

I was impressed by the classy behavior exhibited by the Flyers and their fans at the end of game 3. Stay Classy Philly!